Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How's everyone been?

I haven't touched my dakota in 2 years its been to maybe 3 cruise- ins and thats it. I got burnt out on it and plan to finish it after i graduate college.

i have myspace if you all wish to chat more

www.myspace.com/makeRX7upyours

i have 6 cars and 3 projects...the dakota is just very expensive haha.

if you don't remember me or know who i am...i had one of the first few Stock floored dakotas.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Didnt know you from before, but damn man your truck is outta here, im in love. makes me want to go up to a gen 3 than my gen 2

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Welcome back. Where does the Dakota sit now? Is it in storage? Those pics are old have you done anything since?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Its sitting in my Enclosed trailer....after the army thing didn't pan out (injuries during AIT) i came back home and was just so burnt out on the truck...i haven't touched it since those last pictures except a few shows here and there (local cruise ins') i do have plans on build a whole new tube chassis and taking it down into the doors if i can fit it....since some chode stole my idea about the magnum front end i got rid of all those parts from 3 years ago and plan on doing something different yet again. The truck is getting a carb'd v8 as opposed to the stock 4.7 wiring nightmare.

SO recap
Storage for 2 years
Getting new tube chassis and into the doors well maybe just about 1/2" outta the bottom.
New Front suspension
Maybe a IRS haven't decided
22" Smoothies upfront maybe 24" out back but prolly stickin with 22"
Suicide doors to come
Old School V8
Black Primer

But on my operating table right now is a 93 (3rd gen) mazda Rx7 that made 452RWHP and i'm swapping in a LS1 from a 99 Comaro SS. Hooray!

good to be comin back around guys missed this crowd

later
Josh

BTW i did this PS(i sucked at PS at the time ok yeah i know haha ;-)) 3 years ago...and it really erk'd me when i saw that orang eone..but the front end is like 4 miles long i didn't want to use that much of the Magnum hood

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
DO you have more pics or information like a write up on how you suicided the hood???

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's very simple....just get the hinges off of an Old buick in my case 86 Park Avenue and cut em apart and go from there....i fiberglassed some steel pieces into my hood to give it strength to mount the studs to. eventually i'm going to mold in the stock hood release.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts