Dodge Dakota Forums banner

layin frame in da front??

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  kotaon18s 
#1 ·
does anyone know why my 99 wont lay frame? I have 2" lower control arms, but still no layin' in the front for me. As we all know, they don't make drop spindles for US. i've been bagged for about 3 years and after 6mos of downtime, I'm ready to tear back into my truck.any insight would be MUCH appreciated...I'm new around here by the way... if I can help you let me know

#2 ·
What size tire are you running. Are your rear control arm mounts notched? Are your lower control arms hitting the spring pockets on the frame? Is your exhaust higher than the engine crossmember? Are your upper control arms hitting your exhaust manifolds (passenger did on my 4.7). Can you take a picture from under the front with the front layed out?

#5 ·
well to lay ur crossmember might be as simple as trimming the top of ur cup for the bags but then again ur tire might be hittng inner fenderwell, arms hiting sumthun, sway bar or anything really. but if it is ur cups i beleive the math to it is for every inch u off the ground cut 1/2 inch so if it ur cups and say u 2 inches off the ground up front then cut 1 inch out. not a positive thing just a asumption so maybe someone can 2nd me on that configuration

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.