Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need suggestions for a lift kit ideal for off-road driving. I'm checking 4WheelOnline for their selection of shock absorbers. I want to complete the equipment and parts that I need to modify my truck for off-road use this December. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check eBay. If you have a 4x4, you can do the torsion bar crank trick for up to 2" of lift in the front (if you go further you'll have no downplay in the suspension and it will ride terribly), and you can go with lift blocks in the rear. You can also get coil spring spacers or lift coils for the front. If you have a RWD, you can get 1 or 2 inches out of longer shackles in the rear and coil spring spacers up front, which is the lift I'm doing right now. With both the coil spring spacers and the torsion bar crank you should never lift it more then 2", unless you want to get new shocks, upper control arms, etc. you could pair a 3" body lift and 2" suspension lift for a 5" lift though.

If you want a proper trail pig, I believe there is a 5" Tuff Country lift available somewhere, I can't find it atm though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts