Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt really wanna give this up cause i was gonna buy it but my father wont let me buy it...its a great find. says 200 for 2/4" drop kit but he will take any reasonable offer. he needs to get rid of it. so here you go and he is in Bethlehem, PA

dodge dakota lowering kit

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but its something to work with haha

·
Registered
479 Posts
man thats a good deal, i would but my parents are getting me all new drop shocks all the way around after winter so im gunna drop it somemore then

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah he does doesn't he...slightly ridiculous...but my brother can have a dodge neon ricer with loud exhaust...something isn't right with that...i mean he does own my truck technically.

·
"Do What You Do"
1,042 Posts
its still pretty weak how he doesnt let you do what you want to it. i understand that he still owns it but what is a bolt on drop gonna hurt?

·
Registered
479 Posts
nothing :)

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well he claims the drive train will have more stress on it and the drive train could just drop out while driving...happened to him in his ranger back like in the 80s or 90s...well its a FORD dad!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
the only way it will put more load on the drivetrain is if your pinion angle gets screwy. or if your draggin frame. lol

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright thanks imma try to convince him again cause i got all this info from you guys and info from other sites that it wont hurt

·
Registered
234 Posts
so any luck with ur drop kit?

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nope still have been able to get one yet, dad still being a PITA

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
well my solution to this..... save your money (get a job if you don't already) buy your own Dak and do whatever the hell you want to it. Your dad sounds like he's not gonna change his opinion on stuff like this and you'll be fighting an uphill battle for a long time.

3rd gen daks are getting incredibly cheap... you can find older ones for under 1000 bucks around here... mind you they are in pretty rough shape and need work. I've seen nice R/T's as low as 3k

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i know but im not doin that yet, imma just wait to lower and bag it...

·
CDOM April 2009
2,743 Posts
hey dev... what kinda driveshaft do you have?

2 piece or 1?

if you got the 2 piece, then your in luck... the pinion angle doesn't matter to much lol i was notched, like alxe in the notch and driving around dropped w/o bags. didn't hurt a thing out back. yea.. the frame got a couple scrapes... but what is it gonna hurt?

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i dont have a clue, havent ever looked, any way to tell that? or can you find out based on info of the truck?..if so its 1998 dodge dakota SLT CC v6 2wd...i hope its a 2 piece, if it is then ill talk to him bout going lower on all cause right now the truck has a slight rake, lower in the rear..i would like it to be low but level too

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so i know a lot of people are against coils for the front and blocks in the rear but its the cheapest way to do it and works...but i found coils and drop shocks for $100 for the front and it will be a 2" drop...dont you think this is a good deal? idk any info on the coils or shocks yet but when i do ill let you all know. let me know if i should do it or not

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
i dont have a clue, havent ever looked, any way to tell that? or can you find out based on info of the truck?..if so its 1998 dodge dakota SLT CC v6 2wd...i hope its a 2 piece, if it is then ill talk to him bout going lower on all cause right now the truck has a slight rake, lower in the rear..i would like it to be low but level too
Ummm... go look? :rauch08:

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
not sure how to tell..dont know much with engine and other parts haha

1 - 20 of 33 Posts