Dodge Dakota Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
CDOM April 2009
2,743 Posts
not sure how to tell..dont know much with engine and other parts haha

n00b :rauch08:

get down and look under the truck... you'll wanna be by the bedside next to the cab.

the one piece is a big bitch that goes from the trans to the rearend.

the 2 piece goes from the trans to a crossmember, then down to the rear. the driveshaft will also be a lil smaller as well.

and if he complains... show him this. for size reference... the rims are 18s and the total wheel height is 25in (97 CC v6 sport)

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
alright sho thanks. imma look either tomorrow if im off school again *fingers cross* or after school..i like that height..

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
which piece is the crossmember?

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
SpringTech...so $100 for front coils, front shocks, and 3" drop blocks...don't really want the drop blocks but ill buy them and try and sell them.

---maybe its just me but that block looks cut crooked

·
CDOM April 2009
2,743 Posts
crossmember goes from frame rail to frame rail, if you look at the teo bigger bolts, those are for the rack and pinion (steering) and its attached to the crossmember (factory put a little skid plate to help the rack and pinion not get hit all the time)

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
oh alright i see...well let me know what you think of the coils and shocks ^^^^

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
not sure how to tell..dont know much with engine and other parts haha
I think it's a good thing you joined the forum lol

A 1 piece drive shaft will be 1 piece from the output of the transmission to the rear end... a 2 piece will have an extra crossmember (goes frame rail to frame rail like SHO said) and it will have a big bearing mounted to it that the drive shaft will go through.

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
well if i wasnt on this site i wouldnt be doing this stuff to the truck, besides cosmetic things- headlights tail lights etc. alright imma go look tomorrow probably or tonight if i get motivated

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
exactly which is why im on this site and like 2 others, to learn things

21 - 33 of 33 Posts