Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just wondering what kind of shops you all went to to get your trucks lowered and what kind of price were you looking to get it down. im thinkin bout doin it myself but if it dont cost to much id rather get it down right as i have no experience in suspenion. btw i hav coil springs for front and shackle hangers and leaf springs for the back.

·
Registered
442 Posts
it would benifit you more to do it yourself. try to find a friend who does know like I did and save yourself the money. Me and him lowered mine the first time in a weekends worth of work. Its actually good fun and you will be more proud knowing you did it yourself, plus you will know it gets done right. Good luck on them hangers though...those area BITCH to get off..!

·
which way to Shangri La?
506 Posts
i remember a truck customs shop along route 12 just south of lowville. no experience with them, just found it thru some internet searches when i used to live in watertown

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brad99rt59 said:
it would benifit you more to do it yourself. try to find a friend who does know like I did and save yourself the money. Me and him lowered mine the first time in a weekends worth of work. Its actually good fun and you will be more proud knowing you did it yourself, plus you will know it gets done right. Good luck on them hangers though...those area BITCH to get off..!
i did a lil research and the best way i found to get them off is to drill out the rivets and then use a center punch to knock them out. if you have any pointers for me feel free to pm me with them

·
Registered
442 Posts
You hit her on the head there, thats the most effective way to get them out. Have a good drill, Sharp diamond dust bits, a punch, and a hammer. Its a bitch cause those rivets are in there GOOD and there are 16 on the back...its a doosey...:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts