Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Judging by the DJM directions for installing the shackles/hangers....I'm actually using these as extenders? WHat I mean is, I'm bolting these on to the factory shackles and hangers?

And the DJM Control-Arm direction are confusing. I need a better sorce of instructions. :(

***EDIT***
I'm a moron, yes it's true. I went under the truck to check things out and obviously i dont use them as extenders. Wheres the "Installing a Lowering Kit For Dummies" book when i need it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you talking about the rear DJM 5'' hanger kit. To remove the factory hangers that are 4 thick ass rivets per hanger. Have fun with those, cutoff wheel and air chisel are the best method! To remove the Leaf spring you will need a good t50 or T55 torx bit (Cant remember exactly) 1/2 inch drive and a breaker bar. I had one of the leafspring bushings strip out on me. Good luck trying to get a new one of those even through the dealership! Make sure you got a good torx bit, proper size and whatever you do dont strip it out.
Also The driver side front hanger is going to be quite the pain in the rear due to the gas tank. I remember having to drop my gas tank.
Got some pictures let me know if you need them

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, atleast I know i did that part right because thats what mine looks like. You ARE NOT lieing about the rivits, Jesus H. Christ those take forever!!! I'm using a cutting torch, plasma cutter, grinder, air hammer, cut-off wheele....EVERYTHING! It's still a hassle to get the off.

The driver side shackles/hangers were basically, retarded. I swear, that gas tank would show me no love. I had to use an extendable magnet to fish the bolts through. I'm having trouble alligning the holes right now, but im sure that will all buff out.

The lower arms are what I'm beginning to worry about. After i finish up on the passenger side shackle/hanger...tehn I'mm off to the wonderful world of the front end.

***says prayers***

1 - 4 of 4 Posts