Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes:So I have now realized that it is getting to the time to replace the ol paper speakers from the factory for some higher grade aftermarket speakers. I used to have a 01 Dak with the infinity system. Ended up replacing the factory speakers in front with new Infinity component speaker and replaced the stock amp with a Blaupunkt THA 475 amp. Also, I had replaced the rear door speakers with Kicker 6.5" Mid Bass Drivers, but blew the voice coil in one of them, other one is still good, replaced the back with Polk db651 speakers. However, now I no longer have that truck, now I have a 03 Dak quad cab with the infinity system.

So I am going to replace the stock amp with the Blaupunkt THA 475 amp out of my old truck. That amp pushes 720 watts, with 4 channels. Also, it is nice that I have found a way to place this said amp in behind the passenger side kickpanel where the stock amp sits (I will be posting a How To when I install it :Snap_by_jpy8:)

I am thinking of putting Polk db6501 component speakers in the front doors. I like these speakers for the 92db sensitivity and the frequency response of 35-23k Hz (human ear can hear 20-20k Hz). :popcorn:Sorry for the little human anantomy knowledge.

For the rear doors, I would like to place Polk db651 speakers in them. These speakers run a 92db sensitivity and a 35-22k Hz frequency response.

With all this said the stock head unit is not going to be replaced, at least not right now. However, if anyone has any suggestions, I would like to hear them. Right now though I believe that this will give me the best range of sound without having to go buy a sub. :049:Maybe later on down the road I might put slim mounts behind the back seats, but for right now I think that's enough.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would really like to see if anyone will correct me on the theory of my dynamic speaker range... but so far no takers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts