Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

first day here and I need help in finding installation of cup brackets for a 1988 dodge dakota, would like something with illistrations on it as well, does anyone know how I can find something like this? I am doing all the work on mine myself and some of this is my first time so hopefully someone out here will know where to look.

Thanks

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
welcome to the site man....and installing cups is easy, just bolt the loser cup to the bottom of the bag and the upper cup to the top of the bag. then you have your new "coil spring" of what replaces coil sprig anyways (it looks like the pic below). and install that like you would install the coil spring.

·
Whisper'sR/T
1,284 Posts
Holy hell, didn't realize thats all it took to do the front. We just did my buddys rear (SDime) and it was WAY more involved than that. Plus, we chopped his control arms a bit so we could lay frame.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Holy hell, didn't realize thats all it took to do the front. We just did my buddys rear (SDime) and it was WAY more involved than that. Plus, we chopped his control arms a bit so we could lay frame.
well depending on what bags you get you might have to trim the spring pockets to make sure nothing rubs....but that's really about it. its basically as easy as installing lowering coil springs:D

·
Registered
152 Posts
The only other thing that could be different is if you have bolt in uppers like I do. Then everything would be the same except just bolt it in of course.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
The only other thing that could be different is if you have bolt in uppers like I do. Then everything would be the same except just bolt it in of course.
oh yeah...well the upper cups i have (chevy FS) have a nut welded to it so just get a 3/4" threaded rod (like 6" long) and put one end in the cup and the other end through the hole where the shock goes through. put a washer on it and then a nut and you are good to go. if you do it that way you also needed to either cut a hole in the side of the upper cup to run the line through or get a set of upper cups that already have a hole in them. that way the line goes through the frame rail and stays out of the way. the bottom cup doesnt needed to be bolted (as far as i know), it can just sit in the lower arm.

·
Registered
120 Posts
yea i wouldnt just let it "sit" thats not exactly safe, we ran a bead on my lower cups and its been holding strong 6 months now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts