Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up? This is my first post and I am new to baggin. I'd like some tips on what kind of equipment to use. I'd like to lay frame. I just don't know how to go about finding what I need. I suppose i'lll need a 4-link. I've been reading about Pete & Jakes and from what you all tell me, they make awesome stuff. I wouldn't mind throwin some sparks either. Maybe a cantilever kind of system? Oh and one more thing, what are the advantages to usin scuba tanks vs. compressor(s)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well are you a certified scuba diver? If not then you cant get the scuba tanks refilled unless you know somebody that will do it for you.

G

·
I actually do have someone to fill the tanks for me. But now the question is if 3 bucks a tank is worth it...

·
Registered
464 Posts
how much do you guys pay for a 300ci of nitrogen? i get it for $6/bottle and i have 6 spares.

·
Registered
464 Posts
i suggest nitro with tank a charge tank is much nicer....ihave a nice large oasis style comp for back up....180amp monster bah.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like i've found the kit I want...

1 Thomas TA-4101, 8 Blitzluft Gold 1/2 in. valves, two 6 Gallon chromed tanks, and all the lines, on Slam Specialties bags, with a switchbox and all the metal work i need for a great price. Now, time to figure out it's installation! !afro

·
Registered
464 Posts
lol ok so are you missing a "0" behind that 1 for Thomas TA-4101? cause you'll need alot to fill up 12 gallons of air. to that pressure to lift the dak. 100psi isn't gonna cut it at least get a Viar 450.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That Thomas 4101 should work just fine. I see it time after time in full sized trucks. I took a look at the most recent Mini Truck Magazine and saw it in an Explorer sport trac, not to mention a classic impala. Talk about heavy vehicles. Why would the Thomas compressor not work well. It would sure fill those tanks up quick... ???

The Viairs are very nice though, and already chromed but the Thomas just seems like a better compressor. I'm confused.

Thanks for the advice... :eek:!

·
Registered
464 Posts
its like an oasis....its ok...i'm thinking about gettin rid of it for a real oasis.....it's basically a wench motor mounted to an AC compressor. 3,000rpm 15cfm (claimed) 300psi

·
Registered
464 Posts
.95 cfm is why.....and its a thomas...yeah people will use those but on theose applicatoins its more for ride quality and minute adjustments not for railin and draggin an throwin sparks its just not the same.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Grand Mufti, You might want to check out www.Bagginit.com The site gives some good info about air suspension and general tips on the whole airbag thing. I think it's a nice site for general info. Although it may not be specific for the Dodge Dakota, I hope this will help answer some questions that you might have. !afro

1 - 16 of 16 Posts