Dodge Dakota Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, name's Al. Just bought my first Dakota, ended up here because I found now that I have it, I am more interested in trucks than ever before. I know I won't have much to offer here, especially at first, but looking forward to learning as much as I can from all of you. Looks like this is becoming my "mid-life crisis" hobby, and I am ready to get into it full force.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Aww bullshit Al. This is your mid life obsession now. Anywayz, we all learn new stuff everyday, and I'm sure you do have something to offer, you just haven't realized it yet. But if you stick with us long enough, those things you know will be a little easier to see. But in the mean time, if you need any help, just ask, we're all here to help. Just a little piece of advice though, just take your time with things and don't rush and you'll enjoy the sport much more. Late.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newbie as well

First off Hi there Al, nice to be new as well. I have a Dakota, 92 extended 4x4 and am looking for some audio advise here.

Also looking for some help with some other mechanical problems I have been having lately. Got the chilton book, some tools and hope to gain a ton of knowledge as well.

Since I have all the audio already I am going to start on that first and could use some help to see what others have done in their trucks please.

I do have an extended cab, and will put the jack in the bed to sacrifice the rear seat. No kids, just dogs.

Hope some one out there has done something I can get some ideas from.

Mike:D

·
Registered
239 Posts
what all audio components do you have Mike? I know all about stereos man.

And lowphat, I'm pretty sure truck modding is not a sport, but you know.

Bk

·
Registered
464 Posts
NOT A SPORT? how so? don't you need talent and skill to be in a sport? I'm pretty sure it translates to building trucks. Unless you buy it not build it. I dunno bout most sports but i'm pretty sure i put more time in building my truck and cars than most athletes spend praciticing and playing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
btyking,

I know it is going to sound goofing, but I have always wanted an all Alpine set so this is what I have----

H.U. is a cda 7998
Amps-- mrv 450 for the components
and 2- mrd-m500 for the subs

Speakers are alpine spx 6 1/2 components front and rear and two 10" woofers in a cheapo box.

Need help installing the two caps I got from a friend. No directions and I think he may of not been in his "right mind" when he told me how to wire it. They are streetwires caps with the digital meter on them and it says 20v on them if I remember correctly. I am at work, thinking of how to get all this on the back wall of the dakota.

Oh yeah, I know the 12 hit harder, just chose the tens over the 12, they sounded better with the music I listen to.

Mike

·
Registered
239 Posts
mike, it sounds like you've got some good stuff......I dont' really care for Alpine all that much because i think a person is paying for the name, but you've got some good stuff if you've already bought it.

Kaotic, I spend 2.5 hrs a day lifting weights for football, not counting any extra stuff. During two-a-days, we spend upwards of six hours a day in practice and lifting. Games are 3 hrs long, and I've been doing that for 6 years and plan on doing it for 5 more. I agree with you in that you have to know what you're doing, but just about anyone can learn to be good at something, that's what college is for. Not everyone can play college athletics or professional athletics. But that's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it, as you are yours.

Bk

·
Registered
464 Posts
not everyone can grace the cover or features of magazines. I as too know what 2 a days are like. Did them. I also wrestled for 10 years. Professional paintball player as well, but since moved on to other things. when i was body dropping the dak i was lifting steel into place. welding in 90 degree weather long sleeves pants steel toe boots hat gloves etc etc. It just bugs me when people think that one sport is better than another or that they something isn't a sport at all. no offense to you this isn't a personal attack by anymeans just puting this out there for all to read.

·
Registered
3 Posts
kaotic--
What team did you play for? I recently got out of paintball and had a blast doing it, but when hunting season came round I had my priorities straight.

Shot the biggest buck of my life this past year. That was only because I finally learned how to shoot a moving target. Hunting is cheaper and more relaxing for me. Now it is one shot one kill not one case one kill.

Mike

·
Registered
464 Posts
I was playing for the factory team of AKA the low pressure experts. We had prototype markers. COuld out-shoot an angel fully electronic cycling but with spyder internals. Fun marker. But after one season of playing on that level i got my license and found that building trucks and fast cars is more fun. This was aobut 6 years ago.

·
Registered
239 Posts
To me, building automobiles is more of a hobby than a sport. That's all i'm saying about the topic.

Bk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey hey hey, I was welcoming a noob to the site, not starting a fight. But yes, as you've been told, this is just a much a sport as anything else. It takes blood, sweat, and tears. Lucky ones have sponsors, and competition is fierce. Oh yeah, we have bigger trophys, but thats not the point. The point is, once you have built something, and your filled with that pride, and little kids with no direction look up to you, then you'll understand.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'd like to see a bigger trophy than a super bowl ring...that costs alot more. And I DO "understand" what it's like to have a nice truck....I get told all the time that my truck looks nice...especially for what I am...a person that just graduated high school. But I also know the dedication that I have and that I put into my sport. Again, anybody can learn how to fabricate cars and trucks, its called college. Not everyone can thrash through an offensive line and eat the shit out of an opposing quarterback. You don't have to fuckin train your body to put in a custom grille, just read the freakin instructions, like most of the other mods that many of the people have here. And if the shit was so competitive, then why are we all tellin' each other our secrets? Don't get me wrong, I'm all about this site...and it Has helped me learn a few things, but it seems that this is definietely not competition building, it is friendly building. I build my truck and help others put in stereo shit and give advice if they ask me, and I put stuff on my truck to turn heads, not to put others down or "beat" them at truck building. That's freakin ludacris. Make up your mind, do you wanna help others that think your truck is tight, or do you wanna be shady and "competitive" about the mods you have on your truck?

BK

·
Registered
224 Posts
Who said anything about aggresively competeting? This whole sport is all about friendly competition. There are no secrets in this. Now if you want to get "pissy" about this, then I can inform you that true fabrication doesn't come with "freakin instructions". Oh, and by the way, you can't learn dick about customizing in college, you just gotta get out there and do it. Did I build my own truck, no, I had a shop do the work. But they were all my ideas. But I'm not about to get into a shoving match with you, its not that important to me. You need to calm down and relax. We're like a family here, don't be the unliked distant cousin.

·
Registered
239 Posts
HAHAHA You are arguing with me about it being a sport when you payed for everything you have? HOly shit! And another thing, you ever heard of Wyotech? Obviously not...any technical school can teach you how to weld up a piece of metal into a door to "shave the handles" And show you the basics of electronics to put in solenoids to open your door. And by the way, congradulations on having a truck that was in your head. You'r not a "competitior" you're a poser. Fuck off. Lol....I'm not pissy, I'm amazed.

Bk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Look bitch, don't try and start no shit with me just because I paid for my shit. I can't help that I'm not some little pion who's just starting his grown up life. I've got a job and bills to pay. I don't live at home with mommy and daddy. And by the way, if you knew shit about schools such as wyotech, then you would know that they charge you way too much money to learn the same shit that you would if you went out to your driveway and applied yourself. So smile you little bitch- you've just been owned!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Haha are you seriously getting mad about this? Haha Do you realize that I proved you wrong and you keep saying new shit to cover it up? First of all it costs $30,000 dollars to go there. Second of all most of the people that go there don't go to learn all the shit..they mostly know it, they just want the certification from the best automotive school in the nation. Third of all the next time you say shit about my father I'll make your fucking computer smell funny. You didn't know my father....so keep your mouth shut about him.....got it? So smile loser your arguing over shit you don't even know about, and in your own words, "you've just been owned" ;)

Bk

·
Registered
224 Posts
No I'm not getting pissed. I am in disbelief that some little uneducated bitch is on here talking shit to me and doesn't even know wtf he's talking about. How do you figure you "proved me wrong"? I know how much it costs to go there and it ain't fucking worth it. Second off, I don't give a shit about you, your father, or your rinky dink piece of shit you claim as a custom. I'll tell you this much though, keep talking your shit and I'll make sure your banned from every web site in existence. Bitch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.