Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just found out about this site, Glad to see there is a community of bagged dakotas out here. I'm joining this site to get more knowledge on baggin my 87 Dakota. So far I've been through a serries of transformations with my truck. Right now I'm building a 390 stroker motor, and planning a T-56 swap for it. After I get all of that worked out, I'm going to bag it.

Modds thusfar include a 92 front end swap, custom tonnue cover, 20' rims, and a 4/4 static drop. I'll post some pics up later, but I see a few familar names on this site, so I'm assuming some of you already know me and my truck. Thanks for having me, and I look forward to learning as much as I can.

Jay

·
Registered
336 Posts
It sounds like you got your things in order. I will definitely be lookin' for some pics later. Welcome to the site! I hope you find everything you need.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are a few pics of my truck in it's current state with the v6

·
Registered
336 Posts
I agree that is a nice lookin' gen 2!!

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome, but believe it or not, my truck is a GEN I with a Gen II conversion, I couldn't find aftermarket parts that I wanted, IE the Hood and the Clear corners, so I just converted it over. I still have the GEN I radiator assembley which is going to give me a problem when I drop the 390 stroker motor in it this summer. I'm considering swapping out the Rad support as well to basically make it a GEN II. Trust me, everything on it has been modded some how to make things work. Thanks again guys.

Jay

·
Registered
21 Posts
It looks sweet man! I was just wondering how u get ur tonneau up with your shaved tailgate? I want to do the same thing but I cant figure out how it would work.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for he complements, The tonnue has as lip on it, with rubber seals so it doesn't mess up the paint. Just grab in the middle and it opens. If you don't like the manual labor, you opt for electric gas struts. I didn't want to waste the money on those, cuz I'm building my motor and getting ready to bag it soon. Good luck with getting a tonnue, that is a checkmate fiberglass unit if you want to know. Pretty good product thus far, fits like a glove.

Jay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts