Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Random Hero
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well new here.

I just got a 00 Dakota, which I pick up Thursday, and I figured I'd be better off using this board, along with the s10forum.com for my jimmy(username is xloud9t5gmcsuvx).
I have a 95 Jimmy thats my daily, and i try to fix up, but things always get worse. No fun since its 4wd either. Also a 99 GSX-R 600.
I work at stylinconcepts in sales and training.
So this makes things easier for me.

Thats the new guy to the family. It's bagged. Doesnt lay frame in front due to clearance issues w/ the control arms. Back would, but its not fully tubbed for wheels.
It's fully shaven in the back of it. Tails and all. Has a Line of Fire for the brakes which I know I'm getting in trouble for.
Tweeded interior. Not the cleanest, but it's decent. Got the vents above the HU shaved and gauged glassed into it, but the whole dash need painted. Need an airbag or a billet steering wheel. I might jus throw a blown bag w/ a screen in it.
Nothin really done to the engine, it has some jake intake from a camaro on it, and its gonna get swapped out soon. Also air has been taken out.
It's a 5 speed Manual too which i miss.

If any one has a spare vent that fits the one on the left of the speedo, an air bag, or center jump seat let me know.

I'm sure I'll post/chat w/ you all soon enough.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Welcome to the site. Looks like you got a pretty good deal. I just sold my 00 CC v8 bagged Kota for $5k, but it needed paint. Post up some more pics of the suspension and interior.

·
Registered
336 Posts
wow, that's a nice truck! You got lucky for 6K. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
What's up, nice find! Who knows, I might have talked to you on the phone. I've purchased alot of stuff from Stylin C. Do you got anything done to the Gixxer? I have a '05 R1. Post some more pics and welcome to the site.

·
Random Hero
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nothin done to the gixxer other then license plate relocated, flush mount lights and simple stuff.

i got more pics of the truck before it was mine, which ill try to get on here in the next few hours.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
That's cool, get the bike in there too. I need to like load up my bike and take some pictures like that. I don't have too much done to my bike. I've got the GYTR exhaust, braided brake lines, Carbon Fiber accents, Gregg's flushmounts in the front and a Clear A intergrated taillight in the back, I've got the tag relocated flush and hidden by the down tubes of the exhaust (just a matter of time before I get a ticket for it), but that's pretty much it, mostly cosmetics.

·
Random Hero
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Donno if bike will work out back there w/ the 4 link n notch and bridge..

my bike has a D&D exhaust and carbon mirrors n levers and stuff.
i needa pay for plates for that and get that out. it's finally gettin nice out.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
That's nice, it's got real CLEAN look to it. The split 5-spoke is what you have on the truck right now or the other wheels? The taillights are...?

·
Random Hero
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes i got the split 5-spokes.
Taillights are shaved clean.
Has the line of fire light bar goin across the back, but im gettin the fire and ice for it since the line of fire is a piece of crap.
I'm gettin black reflective vinyl stars made at my old work so I don't get into trouble with it.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
That's cool, I like it. Hey man I asked for you yesterday at Stylin C. They said you already went home for the day, but I talked to Jeff and got a K&N Cold Air Intake. I need to get some pictures up here, but I've been waiting on my wheels. I talked to the guy earlier today and he said they're still not ready. I'm having some wheels machined to fit on my truck. The wheels are made for the new nissans, so the bolt pattern matches but Dakotas have a bigger hub. I told'em I didn't want spacers, cuz all the weight sits on the studs. But he already had the wheels there and his rep didn't say that those wheels would only fit on the nissans, so he raised hell with'em and got a machine shop to take out about 4-5mm, so the wheel fits snug on the hub. But I hate this waiting game, but it's alright cuz that intake should show up by the end of this week or atleast on Monday. Can't wait...

·
Random Hero
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's cool, I like it. Hey man I asked for you yesterday at Stylin C. They said you already went home for the day, but I talked to Jeff and got a K&N Cold Air Intake. I need to get some pictures up here, but I've been waiting on my wheels. I talked to the guy earlier today and he said they're still not ready. I'm having some wheels machined to fit on my truck. The wheels are made for the new nissans, so the bolt pattern matches but Dakotas have a bigger hub. I told'em I didn't want spacers, cuz all the weight sits on the studs. But he already had the wheels there and his rep didn't say that those wheels would only fit on the nissans, so he raised hell with'em and got a machine shop to take out about 4-5mm, so the wheel fits snug on the hub. But I hate this waiting game, but it's alright cuz that intake should show up by the end of this week or atleast on Monday. Can't wait...
thats cool. yeah im only on nights when we have new people and i have to train some one.
If u need something, lemme know, ill hook you up w/ free shipping or 10% or whatever. jus pm me or obviously call.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
That's cool, I appreciate it. I searched on the net for the intake and I think Stylinconcepts had the highest price. But I called anyways and I first asked for you but they said you went home so I talked to Jeff. I told him ya know I could get the intake from somebody else for $242.95, but I wanted to call you guys first because I've dealt with y'all and everytime I've called everybody's been real cool. So I told him that if he would match the price I would get it there. He verified the cost on the other site and came back and beat the price and did free shipping. So if I need something, I'll definitely check with you guys before I make a purchase. Give'em a big shout out for me. Thanx

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Damn man I have no clue how i never saw this thread before. Welcome bro, and that is a sweet dak ya got. I normally don't like the fully shaven rears, but yours looks very nice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts