Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about adding some compress air to my ride. Any tips, hints, or suggestions are greatly appreciated here. I am really going into it blind, and want to know everything I can before deciding on a game plan. I do have some questions first:

If I keep the regulator turned down to let's say, 180 psi, can I put a solenoid valve inline with the nitrogen and air tanks to fill at will?
If I do this I can still keep compressors hooked up also?

Do I have to use a ball valve to shut off my compressors from the system for some reason? I can understand if you were running 300 psi or something really high, then you probably don't or can't have that plumbed with the viar 450's, but I don't know for sure.

One more thing, how long will a tank of compressed air last filling up 10 gallons? Considering that the compressor usually run at least once a day under normal driving conditions back and forth to work.
How big of a tank should I get? opinions...
Later all
thanks for any help here again.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hey man....i run 2 300's on my truck 1 will last me one day at a show or 1 weeknd or 2 weeks with no charge tank. so i dunno as soon as i get these projects done i can hook my nitrogen back up. You can come down to Mt. Vernon IN an take a peak in a week or 2......

·
Registered
53 Posts
first of all, yes you can have your compressors plumbed into your system along with nitrogen no prob.As long as you don't run high press. for an an extended amount of time.I keep one 228 cubic foot nitrogen tank in my bed and it has lasted me 1 month before using it conservatively just to and from work, I have a 9 gal. tank.hope this helps. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts