Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who in here is running NX....what motor and shot are you running if do?

·
Registered
180 Posts
yeah yeah i wanna know too! what type of kit/shot would you recommend on a basically stock 3.9?

·
Registered
180 Posts
id think that a stock 3.9 should be able to atleast handle a 50 shot. but idk

·
Registered
22 Posts
its all about your tuning. buddy has a mild 360 with a 150 shot. i know of two v-6s running 150 shots. and one that is about to run a 250

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a six running that high is asking for trouble....what kinda motor he have??

·
Registered
180 Posts
depends on your definition of mild/built as well.... what about a STOCK V6 should hold up to a 50 shot right?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Karas3434 said:
depends on your definition of mild/built as well.... what about a STOCK V6 should hold up to a 50 shot right?
Yes it would...I have seen some run 100 shot but I have also seen that go south on them if you know what I mean. If your running only a 50 shot...you should be fine....hell a 75 shot might be safe too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
stock v-6 tuned right will hold a 50 no prob. probly push a 75

the 250 shot v-6 is a fully built race motor. forged internals, race heads, custom intake. alot of work hase gone into that engine

·
Registered
22 Posts
just make sure you hit the dyno and your a/f is good

·
Registered
180 Posts
explain "tuned right" and how i would go about doing this. and are there any kits you'd recommend. keep in mind im not planning on building a full out racer just wanna hav a lil more fun around town and at some redlights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
need to hit the dyno and watch your a/f to make sure you have enough fuel going to the system. should be fine really but its a good idea to at least check it to make sure you aren't gonna go lean or go so rich that it bogs down. this is essential when you start running larger nozzles. just about all kits are similar enough. i run a nitrous express kit

·
Registered
867 Posts
I was going to put a wet kit on my 99 5.2 but i wast sure how i should splice into the fuel line...i dunno if i just cut the metal ine and t off of there or what....

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Striped99 said:
I was going to put a wet kit on my 99 5.2 but i wast sure how i should splice into the fuel line...i dunno if i just cut the metal ine and t off of there or what....
you dont cut any lines, it should connect into your fuel rails?

·
Registered
867 Posts
how would it connect to my fuel rail i guess you could somehow hook it to the check valve...the kit i have is just a universal efi wet kit......do you have a pic of what you mean.. [email protected]

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ill get that pic for you later and post it up here....

·
Registered
867 Posts
allright thanx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts