Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first-time truck owner here. :D I just purchased a 93 Dodge Dakota, with 91,000 miles, after driving a 92 Cavalier Z24 for the past five years, so it's a bit of a change, driving something quite a bit larger than I'm used to. So far I'm happy with it.

I'm not huge into performance mods, but I'm planning on driving the truck through the winter and doing a few things appearance-wise in the spring. The truck's got some faded paint and (mostly) minor rust I want to take care of, plus I'm planning on painting the grill and bumpers black, and probably a few other things here and there.

I bought the truck from a local guy for $2700, mainly due to budget constraints, but from after researching some reviews and such it seems like these are good trucks.

I'm a 27 year old female from Ohio. While I can't swap a motor out or anything, I DO know the difference between, say, and alternator and a spark plug wire. :lol:

See ya 'round.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Alright...we really have been getting alot of new G2s! Welcome, and if there is anything I can help you with shoot me a pm.

Bk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G2=Gen2, I assume? Gen1 is, what, 87-90 or 91?

The only performance mods I might do in the future would be an intake and exhaust, but it's already got a K&N in the stock intake, and part of the exhaust is relatively new, so I'm not going to worry about that for a while. Other than that, it's fix the rust (or at least slow it down :p), and get rid of the pinstriping.

I did start an album and put some pics up.

I only have one question at the moment: this truck idles around 450-500 RPM, is this normal? Most other cars I've seen or driven usually idle just under 1000. :-?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts