Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At one time, Dwight was attending and setting up shows all around NC, but due to a declining health issue. He has been unable to attend anything for the past few years. I brought up this idea with him for a gtg as a thank you for helping me get my truck as nice as it is to this point.

So the idea came to me when I trailered my R/T over to his house with my QC and we had 3 dakotas in the drive. I asked him if it was the most he had ever had and he replied that it was. It had always just been 2, his R/T and whomever was stopping in. So what I would like to do is to get as many dakotas packed into his yard for the day and just have a cook out and shoot the breeze.

Update:
Cookout Oct 6. 2012

Dwight Bowman's House (11.30-4.00ish)
4152 Marvin Street.
Claremont NC 28610

We decided that a cook out will be the best option. So we will have hotdogs and hamburgers and a few beverages. We are asking everyone to please bring a dish to share as well as a lawn chair. There will be a few at Dwights house, but not enough for everyone to use. There is no real plan of events, so this is just a way to get a group of dakotas together and hang out. As stated before we would like to try and keep this a family freindly event, so no alcohol and try to keep the foul language to a minimum please. So lets see how many trucks we can fit into Dwights yard.

Also if there is rain, Dwight rather not have the trucks in his yard, so we will reschedule it. Please let me know if you plan on attending, so I can update the list. Also we would like to have a head count by Oct.1 so we can get the correct amount of food. Thank you.

The list.
Dwight - bwdakrt - CONFIRMED
James - JMSoc02 - R/T - CONFIRMED
Joe - JOEKOTART - CONFIRMED
Jason - Huskerrt79
Howard - 01motorsport
Jason - JR318
Corey - JCFKota
Godspeed

·
Registered
223 Posts
I cant say 100% right now but ill know more as it gets closer. It will be a 2.5-3 hour drive but would really like to come hangout for the day. Just make sure you post a reminder as it gets closer to the date. Im no rt but should have my motor work done by then and will ne able to hang with you guys lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant say 100% right now but ill know more as it gets closer. It will be a 2.5-3 hour drive but would really like to come hangout for the day. Just make sure you post a reminder as it gets closer to the date. Im no rt but should have my motor work done by then and will ne able to hang with you guys lol.
Awesome. No need to be an R/T. Just a Mopar is all that is needed. Heck you don't even need a Mopar, we are just trying to get a big group together and hang out for the day. And as far as a reminder, I will try and send out a pm to everyone that is interested about a month ahead of time just as a reminder as well as updating the thread. So if anyone is thinking about it post up and I will send a reminder since this is so far off.
~James

·
Registered
223 Posts
By the way im Jason.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Jason. Didnt know, but I figured you would throw it out there and if your cared would say something. lol. But gotch you updated.

·
Registered
246 Posts
any updates? also did you post this on A-L-L-D-A-K-O-T-A-S to let the some others know. dwight was the first to support it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Updated first post.

any updates? also did you post this on A-L-L-D-A-K-O-T-A-S to let the some others know. dwight was the first to support it.

No, Dwight told me about it but I cant get signed up. I have never gotten a return conformation email everytime I try and sign up. But Dwight said he was gunna put it up over there. If he doesnt would you please post up about it. I would love to get over there but they wont let me in to post it. lol. THanks
~James

·
Registered
528 Posts
hmmm are they somewhere close by that a guy could unload trailer at like a walmart or something. and drive to his house. its like 2 and 1/2 hr away from me. may load up and haul that way and drive it locally. its not a rt or long trip ride. no ac. but might be able to make it as it gets closer i may tell more

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm are they somewhere close by that a guy could unload trailer at like a walmart or something. and drive to his house. its like 2 and 1/2 hr away from me. may load up and haul that way and drive it locally. its not a rt or long trip ride. no ac. but might be able to make it as it gets closer i may tell more
There is a high school parking lot across the street. And if someone says something you are more then welcome to unload at my place and leave the trailer there. I have 5 acres and am about 10 mins from Dwight's place. But this isn't an R/T meet. This is a mopar gtg. Brim whatever you want. But I do understand the long haul issue. Lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i dont mind driving with no ac or dependable issues. its went alot farther driving it. just wifey likes to have ac and she says it gets warm on her floor from exhaust. which it probably does never ride over there. lol. and thanks.
Sounds good. I know the issues with the wifes. Went to ohio with out cruise once and she told me she wasnt driving!!! But let me know if you need to use the yard. And hope to see you there.
~James

·
Registered
223 Posts
Since im coming from around 3 hrs away and dont think I can keep anything hot that long. What can I bring that is needed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since im coming from around 3 hrs away and dont think I can keep anything hot that long. What can I bring that is needed?
Umm, some type of chips or pretzels would be great. How many are coming with you?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Umm, some type of chips or pretzels would be great. How many are coming with you?
Itll be just me and the wife. The Dakota isnt big enough for a family trip lol.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Doesn't look like we will make it :(. Have had a few things come up and not able to purchase the tires that are needed for the trip.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well.... Saturday the weather looks good. But after speaking with dwight, we don't think that the yard is going to dry out intime. So I think we are going to have to cancel or change the location for this weekend. I just don't want to tear up his yard. So any suggestions?

I can't edit the first post so I can't update it there. Sorry.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts