Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, decided to bag the v6. What offset are you guys on 18's runnin? They will be 8 to 8 1/2 wide. I just need to know what offset i need to clear on the front. Also what offset would i need to clear on the back? (not narrowed) Thanks for any info!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I was runnin 18's the offset was 6.75 and those were 8.5 wide. Come to think of it my 20's and 22's are the same way. As for the back I narrowed it, so can't help you there...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will be narrowing mine too. But i wanted to know the offset for a non narrowed rearend so i knew what offset i wanted to run with 2" off each side of the axle. Do you think that should be enough takin off each side to get a better clearance?

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
skrapenframe said:
Thanks. I will be narrowing mine too. But i wanted to know the offset for a non narrowed rearend so i knew what offset i wanted to run with 2" off each side of the axle. Do you think that should be enough takin off each side to get a better clearance?
I know this is kinda old, but what kind of shops would narrow an axel? I really want to get this done, but i don't know who or where to look to get this done.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm taking mine to Moser Engineering. I'm only 45 minutes away from them though. They are the people i would recommend. If you don't mind the shipping to Portland, Indiana

·
Registered
53 Posts
The offset on my 8.5" wide wheels is 6.5". They tuck by almost 2" in the front but they DO NOT tuck in the rear. I am in the process of getting the rear end narrowed now. A local machine shop is going to do it for me for $175. I am going to have them take 3" out of each side just to make it easy. (one axle is exactly 3 inches shorter than the other, so I should be able to just swap that one to the other side and then cut down the long one to my specs. In theory that is!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thats exactly what they did. I just got it back in and it looks awsome. Can't wait to put the bed back on and see how deep they tuck. Not bad for the price I paid. Moser wanted to charge me $315 for new narrowed axels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts