Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else with the factory black paintjob had any problems with their paint fading? I've got spots on my bed and on the back of my roof where it just looks like the paint has been "rubbed " off. I know of 2 other daks with the same problem. Any1 else experience that? I'll get pics of it up sometime.

·
which way to Shangri La?
506 Posts
i have that symptom along areas of my truck where i don't wax often: the door jambs and areas along the rocker panels at the bottom of the truck.

my truck is only 3 years old but was never garaged until i placed it into storage beginning august 2006.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't have any current issues. Is this really a rpoblem with the daks? My is three years old, stays outdoors and is a daily driver. Should I be worried?

·
Captain Cobalt
1,870 Posts
The clearcoat is starting to peel off the roof of my 01, just noticed it two days ago. All my door jambs are faded. Good excuse to redo the paint job. Everyone I have talked to say this is a problem with dodges across the board.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mines an 00 no problems yet, its been outside since I got it in 02, dunno about before that though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts