Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4.5 body drop stock floor......22"s on the back with 20"s on the front or go with 22"s all the way around and put a bubble in the front fenders?

·
Registered
129 Posts
20/22 so you dont have to mess up the front fenders. If you can do 22's all round w/out changing fenders or hood go for it.

·
Smurf
263 Posts
I HAVE TO SAY 20/22. THE 22'S WOULD BE BAD ASS BUT I THINK IT WOULD LOOK BETTER TO HAVE THE 20/22 COMBO AND YOU CAN KEEP THE FENDERS LIKE THEY ARE

·
Registered
150 Posts
It depends on how big and obnoxious the bubble is going to be. My buddy is doing an 8" stock floor/standard body drop on his Ram. He had to bubble out the fenders in the front but if doesn't look hideous. Check it out at [link=http://totallypolished.com/Bradkankles/index.html]http://totallypolished.com/Bradkankles/index.html[/link]

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think a ram can get away with it....but not on a dakota.....that truck is pretty sweet though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
22's will fit in the front, it's been done already. There's a guy in so cal, that is laid hard rocker on 22's in front with plenty of clearance, and no bubble. 1, your breakbooster obviously needs to moved/modified, cause it's in the way. 2, you need to achieve enough camber to get the wheels tucked in past the fenders. 3, and finally, you'll need a decent amount of lift to untuck these wheels, because we all know what a bitch it is to turn when laid out. we don't have the luxary that toyota owners have of being able to turn lock to lock 1/4" off the ground. Personally, I'm running 20's in front because mainly, i enjoy driving low, i'm not building a trailor queen, i'm building a truck that i can cruise and enjoy. And when you run 22's w/ a bd, your gonna need to lock it up pretty high to turn, what's the point in bein that low if you can't drive it that low. just my 2 cents tho...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Impounded i've been following your work on your dakota since you first posted on SSM.....love that truck.....i've got some ?s i need to ask you.....if you could email me at [email protected] very well put i don't want to have to stork my ride to turn....

·
Registered
65 Posts
KaoticDakota said:
4.5 body drop stock floor......22"s on the back with 20"s on the front or go with 22"s all the way around and put a bubble in the front fenders?
IMO, 22's all round or 20's all round. No need to be haivn two different kinds of spares in the rear ya know?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dave (IFcustoms on SSM) was tellin me about it. Appearantly it's a friend of his, and he's doin the work in his garage, and that it is laid out and that they are doin the finishing touches. As to pictures i have none yet, but as soon as i do i'll post some links. My email addy is [email protected], feel free to email me any questions you have bro...

·
Registered
161 Posts
20's up front, 22's in the rear. my $0.02. Ordered them today, should have them in a week or so. Will post pics soon after.
$costlydakota$ 8)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kewl thanks what wheels did you get? i think i'm dead set on those oasis gothics.......i'm putting the widest wheel and tire combo i can get on it.....hey costly how much are you narrowing your rear end?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Costly, are you body dropped or not? Im gonna run 22's in rear w/ no b/d and was woundering how much i will have to narrow the rear axle. []Deace

·
Registered
161 Posts
The wheels are Diablo Vienna's. As for narrowing the rear, when I get them in friday or saturday, we will put them on and figure it out from there. And no, the truck is not bodydropped.....yet.
$$$costlydakota$$$ !afro

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah the 20"s an 22"s.....i talked to oasis wheels today.... the 22"s will have either a 1mm or 20mm+offset.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts