Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i've got a 98' 5.2L Dakota 4x4 with just over 250,000km on it, bought used.

I'm looking for more power and better fuel economy, what programmers would you suggest i use. I was looking at the SUPERCHIPS FLASHPAQ or the HYPERTECH E-CON. If it helps i'm planning on adding Flowmaster 40's and a cold air intake.

Thanks alot,
Jamie

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
superchips seems to get better reviews then the hypertech, but SCT is always a good option especially if your goin to do a lot of moda down the road because it can be programmed for the mods you have.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
i sold hypertech for a while and never had any issues with them. if you are looking for power, you need the regular hypertech max energy, not the e-con. the e-con only gives you about 10hp on 87 octane. the max energy can be set on either 87 or 93. you will get the most gains on 93, but you have to run premium. all the products in the world won't help economy if you drive it like you stole it.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
the e-con has the max energy tune for 87 octane only. no programmer can guarantee a fuel economy increase. it all depends on the truck and how you drive it. for the difference in cost, i would go for the max energy if you were going to get one. then you haven't limited yourself later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts