Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Projector Halo DRL?

I tried searching and didn't quite find an exact answer to what I am wanting to do so here it goes. I have a 2001 Dakota Quad Cab and was looking at replacing my factory headlights with a Spec-D/TM projector set and was wondering if it was possible to wire the halos in such a way that they would act as DRL? One site I was looking at while I was price hunting mentioned you could but I am not sure which avenue to take to wire them up that way - not a big deal but curiosity kills sometimes. My initial thought was to wire it to something on when the car is on, such as the ACC or add a relay to the ACC to activate when the car is on...Is this the proper way to do something such as this or is there a better way?

These are the exact ones I am looking at: Spec-D Tuning 4LHP-DAK97-TM at AutoAnything

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm not overly firmiluar with DRL's but there should be a way to wire your DRL module into the 'halo' portion of the lights provided that the halo's are seperatly wired up...? I think there is probably about 10 million other styles of aftermarket headlights that don't look like ass that I would consider before going with those space age, tranformer looking things... IMO...
They look like they have the BMW style Halo, and the LED strip light from the new Audi's... AND regular stlye headlights for normal night driving... there is wayyyyyyy TOo MUCH goin on there!

But I would assume there is a way to wire up those halo's as DRL's.... I wouldn't go with the ACC while the car is on, but rather use your exisisting DRL module and relays.... That way when u turn your headlights on the halo's will likely turn off, but you'll need to be careful they don't go "brighter". Depends what bulbs ur current DRL is using... generally they use low beam and just cut the power percentage through the module... ?

·
Registered
937 Posts
dude maje it simple get a test light check ur plugs for power and ground run to wires right into.the back of the plug every time theres power there those halos will light i was gunnna doi it on mine but i wired mine to the fog lightsso i had a switch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts