Dodge Dakota Forums banner

Question About 3/4 Drop

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Striped99 
#1 ·
I JUSS ORDERED 3 INCH FRNT SPRINGS, 4INCH SHACKLE AND HANGER KIT AND TOXIC DROP SHOCKS...HOW BAD WILL MY CAMBER BE? I DONT THINK IT WILL BE THAT BAD BUT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IM GOIN TO LOWER A TRUCK, I USUALLY LOWER CARS, I CANT DRIVE IN A STOCK HEIGHT VEHICLE I LIKE TO BE GROUNDED LOL....NE INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL CUZ I WAS THINKING ABOUT ORDERING UPPER AND LOWER ADJUSTABLE CONTROL ARMS FOR IT BUT I WOULD RATHER WAIT FOR THAT LATER ON...I GOT A 2000 DAKOTA CC 2WD 4.7L

#2 ·
i have a 2/3 drop on mine and never messed with the chamber at all.... i guess it depends on what wheel/tire combo your running though

#5 ·
i actually found different control arms on airbagit.com they have a section for non bagged trucks...nah i bought djm 3inch front coils, belltech rear 4inch shackles and hangers, and also toxic front and rear shocks...i wanna get the belltech front and rear swap bars and get everything powdercoated chrome before i put everything on...i juss got this truck and already did some mods to it..its fcukin addicting lol

#6 ·
mikeBROWN said:
i actually found different control arms on airbagit.com they have a section for non bagged trucks...nah i bought djm 3inch front coils, belltech rear 4inch shackles and hangers, and also toxic front and rear shocks...i wanna get the belltech front and rear swap bars and get everything powdercoated chrome before i put everything on...i juss got this truck and already did some mods to it..its fcukin addicting lol
Stay away from airbagit.com, it is one of AIM/Chassis techs many websites. You shouldn't have a problem with camber, at least nothing a good alignment shop can't handle. Hell, I have had my Dak bagged for over 2 years with no alignment and it is fine. No abnormal tire wear.

#8 ·
godfathercustoms has pretty good prices on control arms....i put a 3 4 drop on my truck and now its about a 4 4 after the coils settled and i was riding on the bumpstops.....so i cut them off and my truck might as well have no suspension....i ordered djm lower control arms. and a frame notch. they have reasonable shipping too.....

#10 ·
yeah it does i would recommend getting the notch...i have an inch of travel in the rear and 1/4 inch in front dont cut your front bumpstops off..i thought it would ride a little better when i cut them because i was sitting on them but definately not a good idea thats why im going with the control arms.

#11 ·
the djm bolt on notch with bumpstops is only 150 from godfathercustoms.com and the shipping is pretty reasonable...

#13 ·
i have belltech drop shocks. 3inch suspensionmax coils and 4inch blocks..and i just cut the stock stops off in front and the rear stops just unbolt.the rear rides allright with the stops out.and ittl float like a cadillac if you take the torsion bar out haha.but youll want it in there..i just did that to see how it would feel. I really want it to ride smooth and not bottom out and make that nasty metal slamming into metal sound....I plan on bagging the truck later on down the road so its always good to have the notch allready in place...I ordered mine today along with new 3" drop control arms...

#14 ·
ohh i heard from all my boys that blocks are bad and give you a shitty ride...i got 3inch djm springs, 4inch belltech shackles and hangers and toxic drop shocks...hopefully it rides good i dont feel like cnotching it...im tryin to replace all the swap bars w. the belltech ones...how much the shop charge you to put the notch kit on?

#15 ·
i do all the work myself.it wasnt really that difficult of a job....and yeah with the shackle and hanger kit you should be allright id just shave a little off the stops....or put in some stops that are shorter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.