Dodge Dakota Forums banner

Quetion about bags...

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  justiz00 
#1 ·
I just want to know some people that have bags or know people with bagged dakotas opinions on what brand of bags they they think are most reliable as well as perform..also where i can find a rear 3 or 4 link weld on or bolt on i can do either one...and what type of setup you like best....bag over axle..bag behind..bag behind and under....or just any information on parts to use to bag my 99 ext cab 5.2....

#2 ·
I prefer contitech bags and my 2 link with a 2:1 ratio(canti type) setup with the bags on the bars. I get plenty of lift and the ride is really nice.

#3 ·
ive been trying to find pics of different setups, do you have any pic you can email me of when you were constructing your setup or just other setups...i do like the cantilever idea thought..and by 2:1 ratio are you refering to where the the bags are on the link bars or what?

#5 ·
Striped99 said:
ive been trying to find pics of different setups, do you have any pic you can email me of when you were constructing your setup or just other setups...i do like the cantilever idea thought..and by 2:1 ratio are you refering to where the the bags are on the link bars or what?
check out the gallery for pics, there are a couple there...that's one of the hardest things to find...pics of setups

#6 ·
slam bags no doubt nuthin better

#9 ·
I was running doestch techs in the front for a while. I liked the ride without the shocks for in town but had the boat affect when on the highway. I also didnt like the decreased turning radius. In the rear I was running some shorter monroe reflex's in the stock location. They allowed me to lay out but cut my lift by ~3". Although it is pretty funny to ride at full shock extension "locked up" and imitate a vato. I have since put the truck back to stock and have traded for a 06 tacoma, this truck will however not be touched.

#10 ·
justiz00 said:
I was running doestch techs in the front for a while. I liked the ride without the shocks for in town but had the boat affect when on the highway. I also didnt like the decreased turning radius. In the rear I was running some shorter monroe reflex's in the stock location. They allowed me to lay out but cut my lift by ~3". Although it is pretty funny to ride at full shock extension "locked up" and imitate a vato. I have since put the truck back to stock and have traded for a 06 tacoma, this truck will however not be touched.
damn man....you got rid of the dak:( you wouldnt happen to have any pics of where you relocated the shocks to...do ya. Also have any spare parts ya want ro get rid of:confused:

#11 ·
yeah right now i have 3" control arms and my drop shocks wont fit and i was hitting the gas and making my truck bounce and my front crossmember was tapping the ground so im pretty sure it will lay out in front pretty easy.. Anyway......ive been looking at slam specialties bags and the have some pretty high pressure ratings...from 200psi to 600psi and they have alot more lift than other bags...i havent decided on a rear setup yet i could easily make a parallel four link but then again i like thecantilever setup....ill just keep researching till i get some money saved up..but post pics if you have them....thanks

#12 ·
justiz ur a puss, the boat effect is the shit....everything i own will be bagged and dragged daily

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.