Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here's the deal. My buddy has a 97 dakota 3.9 5-speed. We're going to race someone this weekend (not saying who, i dont want trash talking) but he would like to how what little things he can do to get ready for the race. Any free/cheap mods he can do within the next few days? What about shift points, launching ect. I've been trying to help him, but i dont know anything about the 3.9. So any input would be appriciated.

Matt

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Whats he racing? So we can let you know if he has a chance.

FYI a stock 3.9 will run mid 16's/low 17's depending on model and driver. When I had a 3.9 5 speed Regular Cab with intake, TB, headers and exhaust the best I could run was low 16's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well he's up against a 99 Silverado with a 4.8L V8 auto. They chevy is really slow, and if the dakota doesnt win, i dont think the chevy will beat him by much.

BTW, i was just wondering where he needs to shift it, ect.

·
Registered
361 Posts
first tell your buddy not to drop the clutch to hard in first so that one wheel wonder dont go out of control tell him to shift rite b4 redline when i had my 3.9 if i did anythin less it would fall on its face next gear for a few seoncds

1 - 5 of 5 Posts