Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen a dakota done in a flat black or any flat color with pinstriping , just wondering !headbang

·
Registered
1 Posts
i actually just finished the body work on mine and have the rat rod look its excatly what i was going for. i used ppg dz7 primer that is a little more on the brown side than i thought, but for the most part its a flat brick reddish color with white and red pinstripes on black primered stockers. when i get the chance ill post some pics of it. you should play around with a single stage red with some flattner in it if you want the more suede lookin flat red.

·
Registered
239 Posts
yeah I've seen a couple and they look unfinished. dakotas aren't THAT old! lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
any color can be flat or satin just by how much flatener you put into the clear i use sherwin williams p 30 hot rod black primer on mine looke for a while but it scratches real easy but you can choose any base color and do a satin finish on it by adding flatner to the clear coat

·
Captain Cobalt
1,870 Posts
I have seen pics of a gen3 ext. cab that is a flat red almost rust color with old school pinstripes. Sweet lookin truck. cant remember where on the net I saw them tho.

·
Registered
90 Posts
No shine here. I picked up a lacquer based primer called hot rod black a carquest for around $50, just a little something to keep it from rusting till all the mods are done. Good way to save some major dough if you got your own gun or somewhere to spray.

·
Gen2 help hotline
5,611 Posts
mine most flat...im redoing in in spring to nothing but satin. i hate the term rat rod because you cannot make a rat rod.(my opinion)

try kustomshop.com they have a line of products that i am currently using called hot rod flatz they are a pre-flatened satin paint. it is really easy to use and u can get a gallon of satin black in a kit with hardener and reducer for $119

1 - 12 of 12 Posts