Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sry i didnt kno where else to post this but i got my front brakes all fixed up and then i notice my rear brakes squeak something aweful and they are drum brakes any ideas on wat to do or how to fix it

·
Registered
239 Posts
yeah.....where in NE do you live I live in NW Missouri.

Bk

·
Whisper'sR/T
1,284 Posts
scotish268 said:
im sry i didnt kno where else to post this but i got my front brakes all fixed up and then i notice my rear brakes squeak something aweful and they are drum brakes any ideas on wat to do or how to fix it
Best thing to do is just to take the Drum off, look at the pads. If they are okay, then you dont need to replace them, just scuff the inside of the drum and clean it up really good with some brake cleaner. If the pads/shoes are looking like they need replaced, then just go ahead and replace them, its not as hard as you think! I did mine a couple months ago because I killed a set of shoes.. lol One too many burnouts!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i live in omaha like right near missouri, ill check that out rook maybe thatll work my dad took it to a brake guy said like 900 to fix or something idr wat he said was wrong i think he was tryign to screw us but maybe its something i can check out. i also have done one to many burnouts. where in missouri do u live btyking

·
Registered
528 Posts
900 bucks for a brake job gahh i need to start charging more in my sparetime when i do this stuff and if its just brakes then drum brakes are easy just make sure u have a good area to do it at and as u take parts off lay them to the side how they would go on the brakes and if u have the time and are able get the drums turned or replaced depending on the condition of the drums itself.

·
Registered
239 Posts
St. Joseph

1 - 6 of 6 Posts