Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody knows where or how to shorten the axle...I gotta get my rear down, and i thought i could clear the fenders, but its like 1/4" or less thats holden me up....Also, what is the best linkage to get for a dakota...im wanting chrome, etc....

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yep moser is the best...they narrowed my rearend 13"s for $300.

·
Registered
51 Posts
could someone help me out, trying to figure out how much my axle has to be shortened to tuck 22x9.5s....and what stuff am i buying for this axle?? if any....

·
Registered
464 Posts
well i want bigger now! MOSER IS THE BEST THOUGH....The simple and golden rule to follow.....MEasure once measure again and again and again and after you get the same thing 12 times in a row do it 5 more just to make sure then send it off an have it done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As far as narrowing your axle goes, Moser Engineering is the best.. As far as how much to get your axle narrowed. Not an easy question.
The easiest way would probably be buying the rims that you want first. Whatever size or offset, the more common the better for future swapping, and putting them on, then measuring to see how much it will take to get them to fit.. Watch the clearance to make sure you are not going to get in the way of you're link bars if you get too wide of a wheel or narrowed too much. If your confident with a measuring tape and good with wheel and tire widths you can go off the spec sheet of whatever rim you want. But I sugguest the first way.

As far as the linkage goes.. It depends what you are looking for speed, ride, or something easy to install.. The most common are probably parallel 4 or triangulated 4 link.. Parallel 4 you can keep your stock gas tank location but you will have to run a panhard bar.. Triangulated 4 you will have to relocate the gas tank or go with a fuel cell.. None of wich are a bolt on applications. If bolt on is the way to go for you checkout air ride techonologies they might have something available.. A few people run 6 links with the bags on the (rear?) bars.. Supposively a better ride do to the cantilever type setup.. "Something chrome" doesn't really narrow it down too much. Not much out there as far as already chromed goes. You're best bet is to figure out the suspension you are looking for and have the bars sent out to be chrome plated or powder coated or whatever after the brackets have been mocked up and tacked..

Wow I just realized how old this topic is, ehh, oh well I am posting it anyways!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts