Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who has done this, and where is the best place to mount them with air suspension?
I am getting ready to bag the front end of my Dakota, and don't know where to mount my shocks, or where to get some from. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
120 Posts
hey man suicidedoors.com sells a front shock relocation kit, its like 30 bucks and it places the shock on the outside of the control arm the only thing is you cant turn a tight u turn without ur tire rubbing

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any one have any pics... i would really want to see some pics of them installed

·
Registered
92 Posts
i dont have shocks my shit rydes smooth ive had contys stones and slam bags i think they all feel the same whithout shocks

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the main reason why i am interested is because i live in a state that has state inspections, and i want to have the brackets in place so all i have to do is bolt in some shocks for inspection time

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brad99rt59 said:
its illegal to relocate them??
thats news to me man.....how can it be legal to install bags, but illegal to relocate the shocks that i will HAVE to remove in order to bag it

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kotaon18s said:
well in va its illegal to have adj suspension well hell here in tn its illegal also just they dont get mad like va does
well technically ANY aftermarket suspension is illegal, along with aftermarket exhausts. I really don't understand why any aftermarket suspension is illegal, but as long as i have shocks with it they don't care

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would just register the truck somewhere else if It became a problem...I drive down to Columbus GA to register my truck were the smog Nazi's of atlanta dont get me...:)

·
Premium Member
397 Posts

·
223 Posts
I got if off of this site year or so ago. I also have pics of that red ext. cab also. I guess there was a house cleaning because there are alot of members and/or pictures that are no longer on the site.

j

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
justiz00 said:
I got if off of this site year or so ago. I also have pics of that red ext. cab also. I guess there was a house cleaning because there are alot of members and/or pictures that are no longer on the site.

j
Unfortunatly some photos where lost when we converted the gallery software. Thats why we need everyone to upload some pics of their Daks.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I just made it. Justiz is right. Just a 2x2" 1/4"wall box tube with a 1/4" thick top plate on it. I have since gusseted the top piece after the passenger side broke on me when I was railing it. For the bottom they are just (2) 9/16"(I think, I know I use a 9/16" socket to get the bolts off) GRADE 8 bolts and I have a nut threaded all the way down, to act as a spacer and to give me more welding area. 40,000 plus miles and the only the one problem. You can see where my tire hits the shock on full lock of the steering wheel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts