Dodge Dakota Forum : Custom Dakota Truck Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
nah man i didnt find it anywhere
Hmm after looking at some photos online, I'm almost tempted to say it might be behind the dash somewhere, but I don't know the layout of the 3rd gen daks very well.

You ought to ask some of the guys on Dakota Quad Squad
since you have a quad cab (I think Dodge calls it a club cab now)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This may be a touch off topic but do they sell an adapter to bypass the stock amp and use a new HU?
Hmm, I'm not really sure. Most new HUs have output that is at the pre-amp voltage which means it should just be a direct plugin for the amp. However, I'm not totally sure about that.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Oh ok... I haven't had any free time to put the amp in the new dakota, but i'm currently looking for a solid set of speakers to go in the doors that run a good excellent range.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put in a set of Polk db6501 components. They are awesome! They've got excellent sound. Way better than the Infinity reference speakers that I had in there. I sent those back to Crutchfield. The Polks kick their butt BIG TIME! That Blau amp should drive a set of Polks like mine beautifully! I've only got 45 watts driving them. 75 would be killer!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
i thought about doing Polk db series speakers in all 4 of my doors, but then i thought about pioneer. then i remembered i don't have that kind of money to spend and that have used polk before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the Polk component speakers for around 120 on ebay and the Polk coaxials I got for 50 all these prices are shipped. Way cheaper than Crutchfield.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I got the Polk component speakers for around 120 on ebay and the Polk coaxials I got for 50 all these prices are shipped. Way cheaper than Crutchfield.
oh yeah, i know... I used to have Polk db651 speakers in the rear doors of my old 01 Dakota QC

21 - 33 of 33 Posts