Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At CustomDakotas.com we reward user participation. We have enabled a "Cash" system where users receive "Dakota Bucks" everytime they do specific items. You will reviece the following "ecash" amount for the following actions:

Create a New Thread - $.09
Replying to a thread - $.05
Referring a new member who creates at least 10 posts - $.25

You can redeem "Dakota Bucks" for items in our Shop. We will be adding various items like air suspension parts, lowering kits, decals and shirts in the near future. We want to test the system for a week or so to work out any bugs.

Here are the rules:

The posts need to be valid posts. Just posting "Thank you", "Congratulations", "I see", ect - do not count as valid posts. Smilies and/or images also do not count as a valid post. If you are constantly abusing this, you will be banned and foreit all of your "Dakota Bucks".

Anyone who artificially increases their post count, will be: The first offense, their post count will be reset, and a warning will be issued, the second offense, the post count will be reset again, and they will be banned for 2 weeks, the third offense, they will be banned from this forum, and so will their IP. This "Dakota Bucks" system may be canceled/stopped at any given time without notice. In the event the "Dakota Bucks" system is stopped, all accumulated "Dakota Bucks" will be forfeited.

So how can you afford this?

Our advertisers and sponsors are what make this possible. If you know someone who would like to become a sponsor, please email us @ [email protected]

·
Registered
224 Posts
That's a real cool idea. I hope this incentive works out and draws more people to the site and we'll be as big as SSM! All I got to say is nobody better abuse this because they don't have to do this for us.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We will see how it works out. I have implemented it on a couple other sites, but it hasn't really got anyone posting. Help spread the work, not just of the incentive but of the site. We not just for lowered Daks, I want the website to be focused on custom dakotas. Whether it be just a set of wheels or some interior pieces, as long as its not stock.

Anyone know of any vendors who would be interested in trading advertising for product that will be stocked in the "store"?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Kewl. I still need to order a few stickers One for the Dak and one for the trailer, but bigger! yes i know its a trailer QUEEN but its ok i've spent too much on fixing rims from the horrible streets in my home town.

Back on Topic. The reward system is a great idea. I'm using www.customdakotas.com in my sigs and profiles on many sites. I'll start spreading the news i'm leaving today get ahold of it new york new york...Ahhh what the hell is the matter with me. gotta go to bed midnight shifts make me crazy!

·
Smurf
263 Posts
hey man
i gotta say i love the idea it is a great way to promote posting but the prices are a little steep by my calculations i would have to create 338 new therads to afford the cheepest of the things you have on there but i am workin on it
just my thought but if you made it a little more reachable then that might boost posting alot more just some brain candy fer you to chew on
im out

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have upped the rewards for posting. The new rates are as follows:

$.09 for creating a new thread
$.05 for replying to a thread

The same rules apply as before.

We have added some more items in the shop, http://www.customdakotas.com/forums/ushop.php . We need some more suggestions on what products you would like to see in the shop. Do you want more performance products, suspension parts, styling products, etc?

·
Registered
180 Posts
i think its worth it... you can get cool stuff for doing things (posting) that ud prolly do anyways.

·
Registered
180 Posts
you'd need a few more everyday visitors to this site in order to do the whole ssrage thing on here too.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Vert unique and good idea. I hope that it helps draw members to this forum more. Im always on other sites but I have become really good in certain areas of suspension and other mods like info on polishing and cleaning up engine bays for shows. Hopefully I can be of some help to people here. Pics and mods in the links of my Sig.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I agree that your news seems to be a very good idea.....Ive not been on here very long, but have noticed that there are not a whole lot of users.....The ones here are very helpful, but it would be nice to see it grow a whole bunch.....So keep the good ideas flowin.....

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I was wondering what the custom bucks were...I think it's a cool idea except I don't see where we are supposed to buy stuff from?

Good for advertising the site. The best way to make easy money is to refer somebody. The more people you refer, the more money you get, the more members on the site, the more topics open for discussion so you get to post more...more posts=more money as well. Damn this is pretty cool. I don't think i've ever heard of this on any other forums that are dak related or not.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts