Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 1992 Extended Cab Dakota that I want to put 20 or 22inch rims on. I am hopefully going to put a 4/6 drop on the truck. My Question is, does anyone know how hard it would be to put a set of 4 rear fender flares on my truck from a second generation dakota? I would use 4 rear flares because the front bumper doesn't come around the sides of my truck like it does on second generation dakotas. With trimming the trucks metal, would it give me more room to turn my rims and tires?:confused:

·
Gen2 help hotline
5,611 Posts
your truck is a 2nd gen..but im not gunna get into technicals

if you do the drop right and use the proper wheels, you wont have to touch the fender cuz you'll have clearance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I realized that it was a second generation dakota after I posted that :p I was thinking that the second generation dakota started in 1997. I wanted to take the rear flares off a 1997+ dakota and put it on my truck so it would open up my wheel wells. But if you say 20s or 22s will fit without them, thats good enough for me.

·
Gen2 help hotline
5,611 Posts
it all depends on offset and tire diameter, not to mention how wide of wheel/tire u buy. stock wheel will rub if u put the wrong tire on them

you'll most likely rub the inners in front anyway u look at it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts