Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyones oppion on alarm systems. There is so many out there and tons of options whats worth the money. I would like remote start and glass and something for my shell would be cool. What do you guys have out there. Thanks Michael

·
Registered
528 Posts
well man i have a dei alarm same company thats makes viper mine is called python but anyhow it has remote start unlock lock doors if u have power locks it is capable of alot of stuff the reason i got it it can open up different components i got mine at circuit city they installed it no problem yet had it for roughly 9 months now dunno if u got air or not but with my switch box i have the 9 switches instead of ten and remote is alot smaller than the big one if my door gets opened while truck is up in air it will slam it to the ground my switch box had that feature on it and i can use it now lol but its a great alarm many upgrades available i got it right when circuit city started carrying them i think i paid 6 or 7 hundred installed lifetime garuntee

·
which way to Shangri La?
506 Posts
i splurged 700$ on my basic viper 791 install. it has basic alarm and remote start.

also have a power lock for the tailgate, and a club for the steering wheel. i just relocated to sierra vista last sunday oct 9th

·
Registered
14 Posts
alarm is a really nice add on, but check out your installer's creds first. remember the best alarm put in the worst way will not only suck , it won't protect your ride. on my truck I have, (are you ready?) an alpine sea-8081 alarm (no longer made, check flea bay if you would like one) with door, hood, tailgate, feul door, sliding rear window, dual radar, dual shock, dual 3 axis tilt/motion, and tire pressure monitoring. on top of that, I can start it up, turn the radio on and off, roll the windows up and down, locks, unlocks, all from the remote. it also has a back up battery, digital pager, starter cut off, fuel cut off and ecm cut off, should anyone tamper with it (like they say, don't mess with my truck) and when I get my bed cover, it will not only be protected, but motorized and lockable. so if you can think of it, a good installer will be able to do the work. just be ready to pay for any extra labor if you need it, and that the installer will solder and heat shrink/tape ALL connections, not just t tap or strip and splice.

The Installer

·
Registered
239 Posts
the12volt.com.....or some places will print you out a sheet with all the places you need to tap into...like "Code Systems" Or something.

Bk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts