Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Magnum man
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a car last week. Little 4 banger ricer..... well sorta..... 1995 plymouth neon. Its in pretty good shape. Starts and runs every time I get in. Possibly needs a wheel bearing. Speedo needs some work. But other than that its a pretty solid car. 4dr red auto. A buddy said "we shall dub this heap the ladybug"... I called him a douche. Lol. But I tell ya what. I thought my dak was small.. my dak is huge compared to this thing. But the neon seems to have an endless interior. Its really comfy. Lol. Hopefully ill get all the issues hammered out and have it road ready in a week or 2. But yeah feel free to comment.

·
Banned
3,363 Posts
My wife had a neon 2 cars ago. It was totalled when she was 7 or 8 months preggo with my son. As much as i hated losing that car, it getting totalled is how i ended up with my 95 cc slt 5 speed, so i figured fair trade. I was able to get rid of the '02 that i hated, and got my dream truck. Oh, back to the neon. Goog mpg, and ours never had a problem, well except when i ran it in a culvert a week after we bought it. That was about $1200 to fix.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
never liked neons. sister had one, it was junk but probably if you take care of it, it will be a nice lil car

·
Magnum man
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i mean i got the car for 750 so if it lasts a year or 2 it was a good investment. got speedo fixed, soldered joints on the back of the circuit board in the cluster needed to just be re flowed. 20 minute fix, especially when the top of the dash is held on by little pop clips. i think im gonna like this car.

·
Magnum man
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry it took so long. works been a bitch. finally got around to putting a new wheel bearing in her which stopped any and all noises coming from the front end. now when i drive it its quiet, minus the loud exhaust which probably has a hole in it somehwheres. incentive to put on a cat back exhaust system and maybe a cold air intake. little ricer basics. lol

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts