Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all decided not to get a spolier instead shave the door handles off or whatever but if you have done this or scene this done what kit did you use and how hard was is and time it took?

·
Registered
985 Posts
use a decent solinoid. i install all autoloc in customers rides and only had one that burnt out on me and they replaced it for me no charge.

i recomend using the heavy duty kits less work on the solinoid and allows them to last longer. 35lb poppers are common

also you will want the spring loaded popper to push the door open for you.

when you install them run the cable as straight as possible if you can use a pully system to get the straightest pull.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
270 Posts
use a decent solinoid. i install all autoloc in customers rides and only had one that burnt out on me and they replaced it for me no charge.
I agree, I use autoloc, also spal makes a good solinoid, the instal is not hard, worst thing is getting a good mounting location for a strait pull.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i used the autlocs also. but i did not use the cable. i find they tend to stretch a little over time and will no longer open door until they are adjusted. so i just bent up some steel rod and have it connected up that way. 5 years i never had to adjust or replace anything. both doors are done not just the driver.

·
Registered
460 Posts
shaed door handles

I really like the idea of the steel rod instead of the cable, I have had bad experiences with several customers cars with the cables, people coming back complaning about the work that was done when it really was the equipment not the craftsmenship. Next time I shave door handles, it will be with the understanding that i do it with the rod instead of the cables. Might cost a little more but the reliability will be there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts