Dodge Dakota Forums banner

shaved

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  PhntmRT 
#1 ·
What do you guys think about shaved door handles on a dakota whith shaved ant. also

#2 ·
It looks good, I had both shaved on my previous Dakota. Radio reception will suck even if you get a antenna relocator kit. Get XM unless you have a bunch of cd's

#6 ·
I just mounted my antenna inside the fender....radio isnt any weaker than it was before.....i shaved my tailgate, antenna, and holes in the fenders from the v8 emblems......wanna do the door handles someday....but i can wait.....And its best not to just blend one panel..When you add clear it will darken the door a shade and it might stand out.........you might want to blend a little into the cab and maybe onto the front fender to make it look right....depending on the color of the truck

#7 ·
don't do it on your daily...only on your liesure....just a pain sometimes. But keyless is a must for every vehicle.

Bk

#8 ·
don't do it on your daily...only on your liesure....just a pain sometimes. But keyless is a must for every vehicle.

Bk

Yeah.....I have a buddy that shaved his daily driver....sometimes his pullers get out of adjutment and he has to go through the passenger door to get in.....and it depends onthe climate...I live in missouri so when the snow and ice come and your doors get frozen shut youre screwed

#9 ·
Where at in MO? I'm in St. Joseph.... by KC. Mine have been shaved for 3 years and they've never frozen shut...I had to pull a bit on them a couple times...but my battery sometimes goes dead...PITA!

You bagged?

Bk

#10 ·
I live near Grain Valley......it 15 minuites east of Lees Summit.......Im not bagged yet....i have everything for the rear..Triangulated 4 link..bridge plates...mounting brackets.....And i already put in my 10 inch monster notch.......hoping to be bagged in the back soon after x-mas

#11 ·
I put a hidden release on my dak (daily driver). Dont go out and buy a "hidden cable", get a throttle choke cable for $10-$20 @ a local parts store, its the exact same thing just less expensive. As for blending the paint... a good paint a body shop can blend it fine without repainting half your truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.