Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will an aftermarket shock like a monroe reflex, sensatrac, etc. give me a better ride with the air bags, than the doestch techs I have now with the coil springs?

Thanks in advance,
Justice

PS. Looking for Caddie ride quality for a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Rancho 9000's all the way. I have some KYB on mine and they are better than stock. I will be getting Rancho 9000's next time. They are expensive, around $70 a shock.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have slam bags in the front too and no shocks and they ride great if you put front shocks you will lose some lift my truck measures 35"from ground to bottom of the wheel well on 20's its like a speed boat on take off

·
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering how you guys with no shocks in the front limit travel. Suppost to be 10" maximum bag height. Since you have no shock, do you have any other means or do you just know home much pressure = as high as you can lift. Sorry about the questions, but i dont want to be stranded somewhere. lol.

Justice

·
Registered
129 Posts
You set up the bag so when your completely laid out you are fully compressed. Fully compressed the bag is a total of 3" tall. Then you just fill it up a little bit to say 100 psi or so.. every truck is different. You just drive there. You wont go over the max bag height. Its pretty good ride if you have es bags. With slam RS i would recomend shocks. Unless your running nitrogen you wont go over psi rating and thats wat gives you height. Dont worry about limiting straps or anything unless your gonna hop it just make sure the bag is fully compressed when your laid out. I dont have gauges but know where to drive it. And dont drive it at full lift..... not good on the bags and a bad ride. []Deace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts