Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Random Hero
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Dakota world.
Finalize the paper work on mine Thursday.
It has no center seat or middle console in it (its a 00 Dakota Reg cab)
and I'm lookin for ideas of what to do with it.
I'm going to glass something then twead it.
I want to have a sub in it, thats molded into a arm rest thats padded and opens up, and also has a spot for my switchbox and cup holders and MP3 player holder goes around my stick.

Give me ideas! Show me your consoles!

·
145.7db with one 12" sub
1,258 Posts
sorry for the quality, the shop was full from sanding

That has two cup holders molded into the front, and holds a 10" alpine type r. Don't plan on putting anything bigger than a 10" in the center console unless you want it under the ashtray/cd player area.

I believe the measurments were around 8" wide at the back of the seats and 12" at the front.

My amp is behind my drivers seat, if I don't put two 15's in the bed with a blow through then I am going to make the woofer be mounted outside the box and have the box behind the passengers seat with the woofer in between the seats (the magnet will be facing the front) If I do this I will build another console for drink holders and switches. If you are wanting a 12" then you may be able to get one in there this way.

·
Registered
442 Posts
the top two are the same, but all three are awesome as hell....one of these days ill get around to it...I want my GPS and rader detector to be wired in it...and make some DECENT fugin cupholders!! im tired of my drinks flying out on every turn!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
does appear that ur right never looked at that but it true

·
Registered
985 Posts
heres one i built holds 2 tens the amps is behind the driver seat and passenger seat.

i have 2 new clarions subs installed now ( my sponsors for my car so i got them for nothing)

also willing to sell since the truck is for sale.

·
Registered
717 Posts
thump3r how much u wanting the subs 4 send some pics 2 [email protected] and wat is shipping 29651

·
Registered
76 Posts
The top two look like different consoles to me. One has grey vinyl on it and cupholders and the other one doesn't.
Yes i noticed that also but it is the same console.
I just think he added cup holders later on, b/c if you look closely the switches that are on top of the console are know on the lower portion, and also you can see it has the same shifter.
It would be too much of a coincidence

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
245 Posts
Yes i noticed that also but it is the same console.
I just think he added cup holders later on, b/c if you look closely the switches that are on top of the console are know on the lower portion, and also you can see it has the same shifter.
It would be too much of a coincidence
Agreed. Same truck, just different phases in that console's evolution apparently.

·
"The Fabricator"
315 Posts
My Console

Here is my custom fiberglass console holding a 7'" Nesa Screen, Soundstream DVD player and Memphis EQ, Painted to match stock interior

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
im still debating if i want to do one or not i have an CC and i already took the back seats out so i have plenty of room for subs

·
"The Fabricator"
315 Posts
It took me a week to do becuase I have it molded so that it matches with the glove box and the glove box opens and closes freely, and the console can also be removed if I need it out of the way. Lots of fiberglass, wood and determination. Same thing with the door panels- 1 week each to get them the way I wanted them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts