Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Only ones i know of in the area with out driving for a couple of hours, are the big ones at MIR. Its mainly import shows but there are a couple of bagged trucks there every now and then. Check out there site, there schedule should be up soon. If anyone knows of any others I would also love to know about them.

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think i might go to that one and anyone know about the low rollers bash in nj??Looks good and the truck mag says its good so i might go to that as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lowrollers EOSB is a great show been the last 4 years...Carlisle all truck show is also a great show to hit up, Def. two shows that i wouldnt miss every year and are in your "area"

·
Registered
227 Posts
Carlisle All Truck Nats used to be a lot better than it is now, its still ok but the cops are becoming real assholes and even the event staff are a pain in the ass. The night life is barely there, cops patrol the main strip all day and night, when I was there two years ago two of my buddy's were given dwi's for moving their trucks from the front of the parking lot to the back at the hotel. Now the Lowrollers EOSB is a great show. I have been there the past three years and it is only getting bigger and better. It is an import and truck show but they separate the fields and if you don't want to you never have to deal with the import cars at all.

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imports dont bother me at all, most of my friends have them and im workin on alot of them(import guys dont know how to do custom shit like minitruckers).And im goin to the nopi nats at buds creek in may,mainly for the bikini contest and rare imports not found on streets.ALos il post a list of shows im planin on attending this year(not set in stone).

·
Registered
227 Posts
The import show in Carlisle is the reason the cops have become such a$$'s. They got too out of control street racing and all that so they moved the show, now I think it might even be canceled altogether, not sure though. It was rumored that someone on a bike did a burnout in the middle of a hotel lobby last year or the year b4 I forget which. I would like to go to one of those Nopi shows though, they look like fun. Lots of drunken debauchery going on.

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
K so far i got nopi nats at mir on may18-20,nopi drift in pittsburgh pa july somthin,mayb mini truck nats at pigion forge tennesse july6-8,definatly the new jersy show in august(24-26 i think),and mayb the penn. truck show in august.And maybe a show in october if its goin on at mir ,all mopars.Thats what i gott let me no if your goin to any of these events and maybe we can get a big group ride goin.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am prob hitting up the Jersey show, I usually go with my brother and some buddies, they all have bagged S-dimes but it would be cool to see some other Dakotas around, there actually are a few body dropped Dakotas at the show usually. There are two that are part of Lowrollers and another that is red and black flames. The yellow R/T from Pebble Pushers was there the past two years too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
well i should have my truck done by LR, so it will be there too....

BUT i disagree with you completly about Carlisle, yes it got out of hand and sucked for a bit. I will not disagree with you there, however last year a guy by the name of Rich took over and is a minitrucker and belives in the show. So last year was quite the turn around and this year promises to be even better. It will never be what it was when we all camped out but it wont get better if we always say remember when....

i say show up and support the changes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Last year we got yelled at for driving thru the fairgrounds, we had left to make a beer run and had just gotten back, they told us we weren't allowed to cruise, we tried to tell them we just got back in they didn't care. Pretty soon they will require you to park your truck and hand your keys in so you can't move it. The judging sucks there too, every year a friggin Xtreme wins. They don't know what they are looking at, my buddy has a S-10 Blazer that took second place, he had Iroc wheels on it, painted it and bagged it, he had a mouse nest in his engine compartment that he pointed out to the judges and his interior was stock.
The cops are really being dicks there too, I saw a lifted truck pulled over about 50' from the ramp off of the turnpike, they were measuring his bumper height. Cops just sit there and wait for trucks to come, its BS. I may still go, but me and my buddies are thinking of making the trip to the Havoc show, thats about a 12 hr ride for me. If I go to Havoc, I won't be going to Carlisle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have been going to the carlisle all truck nats for 11 years now. i will be their again this year. i have been going to the lowrollers end of summer bash also for the past few years. im hoping to finish up my kota for these show but not sure if its gonna happen, i gotta whole lotta work going on in the interior right now and its taking time. i am planning on taking to kota down to the blood drag show in live oak florida next febuary.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i will take some pics when i get some more done. right now the interior is gutted out of the truck so their is nothing to see. its all bench work right now. so maybe in a few weeks i will have some things going back in.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts