Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of now my truck has custom made true dual exhaust but i wanna side pipe it. One problem is the mufflers are set back towards rear end leaving no room for the 45's. So if i cut the piping and set the forward more i can get the space i need but my concern is that should i run new pipes over the frame or under? my frame is still a good 6-8 inches off the ground but i don't wanna have the pipes rip off going over speed bumps and driveways.

What do you guys think?

·
'98 dak R/T
866 Posts
i think it would be fine to go under the frame, 6-8 inches should easily clear any speed bumps you may come across.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hole saw.......

It really depends on where you want the side exit to... well EXIT... lol

If your doing it towards the axle, remember the frame goes UP underneath the bed, leaving PLENTY of room to go under the frame without it sticking out like a sore thumb.

I've always like something like this...

This is kinda neat as well.... adding the heatshield is a decent look more "track" looking or something.. I dunno maybe not on a trcuk though..

·
Registered
698 Posts
yeah the shield is there so it won't melt the paint....that cutout on that s10 will heat the bedside up right there and eat the paint if it's painted and possibly warp the panel if it gets ran hot long enough...that shield serves a purpose...just do it out the underside of the bed a few inches away from the body and it will be fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts