Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have side pipes on their truck? I havent seen any, but thought it might give it kind of a neat old school look. Any thoughts?

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
i personally don't have any, but i will be meeting up with a friend on Wednesday that has a amberfire RC R/T that has the ones from GSM....so i will get some pics then for ya

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
timmydatoolaman said:
Does anyone have side pipes on their truck? I havent seen any, but thought it might give it kind of a neat old school look. Any thoughts?
When you say old school look, I am thinking some long pipes along the side by the rockers. Or are you talking about just a side exit exhaust? I know Gibson makes a "Super truck" exhaust that exits right before the rear tire. I personally don't like side pipes unless that are on an old car. Plus it would be the first thing I rail off on the freeway.:D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
djwolf37 said:
i personally don't have any, but i will be meeting up with a friend on Wednesday that has a amberfire RC R/T that has the ones from GSM....so i will get some pics then for ya
great I would love to see them, I have done the photo shop thing, and I kind of like it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
admin said:
When you say old school look, I am thinking some long pipes along the side by the rockers. Or are you talking about just a side exit exhaust? I know Gibson makes a "Super truck" exhaust that exits right before the rear tire. I personally don't like side pipes unless that are on an old car. Plus it would be the first thing I rail off on the freeway.:D
Yeah I am thinking a pipe that runs from just behind the the front tire to just infront of the rear tire. My thoughts are even with my new bags my dak dosent get as low as I would like :D . Thought the pipes would help make it look lower and take care of some exhaust routing problems I have, plus the chrome pipe between the chrome wheels might have a nice effect. But thats my idea and I am looking for everyones opnion, hate to spend the $$ and have it look like crap.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
timmydatoolaman said:
Yeah I am thinking a pipe that runs from just behind the the front tire to just infront of the rear tire. My thoughts are even with my new bags my dak dosent get as low as I would like :D . Thought the pipes would help make it look lower and take care of some exhaust routing problems I have, plus the chrome pipe between the chrome wheels might have a nice effect. But thats my idea and I am looking for everyones opnion, hate to spend the $$ and have it look like crap.
Oh i thought you meant the side exit pipes not the ones that run along the truck...never mind about the pics then, i misunderstood ya

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
here is a bad photoshoped version of what I have in mind, let me know what you think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts