Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, and it looks pretty tore up too so now I'm saving up dollars to mod it a lot before they officially give it to me. What I'm' planning on doing is looking for body modifications,grilles,mirrors,lights,exhausts, and anything else that will make it shine. I'm going for a Black and chrome smooth stylish look to it.
Any tips/suggestions or links to parts will be MUUCH appreciated!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think black looks good, but it will look really trashy if you don't keep it clean. I would go with a dark charcoal grey or another clean color that was is custom to the dakotas. In other words, a color that dodge did not originally make for the dakotas. Also, I would modify the engine before I messed with the body too much. Looking cool is good, but it is also cool to be fast. Just my 2 cents in case you were interested. Its your truck though, do what ever you think you will enjoy most. Good luck.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
donnellsdakota said:
2wd...im kinda reconsidering the black paint, what should the color be? i want a candy or metallic.
Black is ok, but my favorite color for daks is graphite (PDR)

·
Smurf
263 Posts
hey bro i am gonna say stick with your first idea i know you wanna have the coolest truck you can but stay classy in the same attempt you cannot beat a good lookin black truck if done correctly it can showcase your tallent and your ride
plus it was your first choice and your first full out custom you should always go with your first color choice

·
Registered
20 Posts
Either way, you should make sure you have a solid engine and can run with the best of them before you go showing off. I personally think you should go with something unique, black can be nice, but it is getting a little old. Graphite would be a color that I would like to see with the chrome wheels.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
bubba26 said:
hey bro i am gonna say stick with your first idea i know you wanna have the coolest truck you can but stay classy in the same attempt you cannot beat a good lookin black truck if done correctly it can showcase your tallent and your ride
plus it was your first choice and your first full out custom you should always go with your first color choice
this is very true, when it comes down to it its your truck, and you are going to see it every day. So when you finialy choose a color, make shure its something you like and not just what we like...just my .02

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree, I'm not trying to tell you what you have to do with your truck, I'm just trying to give you advice and let you know what I would do. Good Luck with whatever you decide on.

·
Registered
230 Posts
lol just like me iv had mine flat black for a few years now,, just cuz i cant deside on what color,, oh man this has me thinking..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts