Dodge Dakota Forums banner

Some street and track races

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Rooknute 
#1 ·
Well last week I went to the track for the first time. I had a blast and hope to be going back soon maybe even to a 1/4 mile track. I didn't know the traction at the track would be so much better than on the street so I was going easy on the gas pedal for the first few races before I ended up doing good. Ended up with a best of 9.14 in the 1/8 mile at 76mph. Some of the cars I beat were:
h22 prelude-9.7 to 10.1 (2.38 60')
svt focus-9.5 to 10.6 (2.28 60')
srt4-9.400 to 9.45 (2.18 60')
Also a very close race between me and a modded 5.0 mustang, he beat me 9.32 to 9.37. His 60' was a 2.08 to my 2.14.
The next race I went 9.14 though and had a 2.09 60'. I got beat by a supercharged s10 that time, it was an older one and it went 8.600.

Also on the street I raced a few friends that have been talking shit. Just yesterday I raced my buddy's iroc camaro, he started in 1st gear and shifted manually while mine was in drive. We raced from a slow roll for some reason, probably about 15-20mph. He got me from the start becuase my truck had to downshift and after a few seconds I caught him and passed him, he let off after I passed him though.
Another friend has a 03 Tiburon with bolt-on's and he's been talking a bunch of smack since his previous car was a honda accord 4 cylinder. He went to the track with me to watch but wouldn't race his car. We ended up racing on the street a few days ago from a slow roll maybe 10mph and I put about 2 car lengths on him up to about 65-70mph.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow those are great times, so what mods do you have?

#3 ·
u say traction was better on the track than the street?...what tires are you running..maybe with slicks or DRs...ive always had horrible traction with street tires on the track and so has everyone else i know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.