Dodge Dakota Forums banner

Someone Wanna Help?

4K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  nbailey 
#1 ·
hey anyone wanan come to michigan and bag the front of my truck w/ me? LoL, i am 16, have no welding skills what so ever, and all i know is that i want to lay this dak out. help me out here, LoL.

tim :)

#8 ·
lwqcdak said:
Cups are just sitting in there, they wont go anywhere. Im not running shocks on the front. Run slam es 62's and you wont need to run shocks. My truck rides hella good and im a 4.7L quad cab. Late
Same here. I used chassis tech cups. Had to cut them down two inches though. The bottom plate I threw away. Made a plate ~5" in diameter welded to the control arm, and a 1" x 4" pipe spacer sits between the plate and the bag. If I would have used the cups and plates how I got them i wouldnt have gotten more than a ~2" drop and all the weight of the truck would have been on the bags internal bump stops.

If your gonna use a 6" bag. You only have to cut the bump stop bracket off of the spring pocket, get the outside and the support on the inside. You will also have to cut the rear control arm mount flush with frame to allow control arm to go up high enough to set the frame and/or crossmember on the ground. You will see once you get that far. I have some pics that might help, might not in my gallery (justiz00).

Justice

#10 ·
I run the HS 72's up front with about 350psi but not that much on ride height the Slams ride quite nice.

#12 ·
link doesn't work

#15 ·
Setup looks good, only thing I am skeptical about are those barb fittings. If you use those be sure to run some hose clamps just in case. I am running a 90 degree push to lock connect up front to 3/8" DOT air brake line out the side of the frame.

#16 ·
If your gonna run RS bags run shocks. They are ALOT stiffer than firestone bags but not stiff enough to not run shocks. But if you wana run shocks id recomend the rs bags w/ shocks. ES if your running normaly air w/out shocks, and hs if your gonna run dual port super hopper like kaotic up here. I agree w/ idslamyou, wouldnt trust those barb fittings, but awsome idea. Late

#17 ·
Im gonna be putting shocks on mine soon. The ride is super nice without them, but going down the highway you start getting the boat effect going and I dont like laying crossmember going 70. Shocks will help absorb the bounce. People usually drive their truck at a stationary drop like 2-4, 3-5, 4.6 etc. So make sure you get a shock thats made for that drop, otherwise it will be too long to let you lay out, but will allow you to go up as much as you want.

-They are meant to get me down the road for now. Yes I do have high dollar hose clamps on them. This christmas break, im gonna go 5/8 push to lock dot line and fittings, tanks and compressors.

#18 ·
Justiz00 if you plan on investing that kind of stuff...i suggest haveing braided hyrdaulic hoses for all that nitro....i'm running 3/4" i.d. and i don't have to worry about cutting an making new lines.....that and 3/4" DOT lines is super hard to bend/run and doesn't like to hold up to lots of pressure.....and the set up looks good nice work man.

#20 ·
Here are some pics to help understand what you have to cut when using a 6" bag.(diameter) RS,Es,HS 62's.

All pics are from the drivers side of an 03 dakota. Disreguard the brake line, its not holding all the wieght of the caliper/rotor assembly. Circled is what is left of the bumpstop bracket. It needs to be cut flush with the bottom of the spring pocket. There is an internal support that needs to be cut also. See next pic.

#23 ·
Woh buddy, you need to cut more than that. Your bag doesnt rub at all? Look in the gallery and theres a pic of my front i had to cut up the spring pocket w/ a es62 bag. Yours might rub dude, might wana check that. Only way ive seen that you dont have to cut that was the brislands kit using 2" drop arms. Take a look make sure its clearing all the way around. AT LEAST 1/2" all round, check laid and lifted, mostly laid tho, the back is widder laid out. Late

#24 ·
Nice coil cup i forgot what they looked like lol......mines almost completely gone eh oh well.....i'll post some pix up soon with this lil project i started on it.

#25 ·
where did everyone buy there front brackets? i am bout to buy my front stuff little by little, i have enought money for the brackets and the ES bags:) . where did you guys get ur brackets and are you happy w/ them? whats the best price yall have found on ES bags and where you get them?

#26 ·
Its cool man, we checked the fitment 100+ times before we put everything back together. The pic below illustrates how we cut basically the same thing and we are able to clear with the same bags. This should work for anyone with a newer dakota using slam specialties ES 62's with ~2" upper coil cup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.