Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
best speakers out there for my 96 dak? and can i install them myself, if so how? Also ne other random peices of advice about speakers and places to find good ones any info would be greatly appreciated

·
which way to Shangri La?
506 Posts
i can fire off a few brand names that i like, but speakers are all about what you wanna spend. so many choices, from factory cost-effective to $1000+ concert quality setups. just look around for the set that makes you happiest with the cash you spent. installing them is easy as getting the interior panels off.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
i personally per fer pioneer, but if ya go wit any decent brand name ya will probably b happy. I get all of my audio gear from www.etronics.com they have some of the best prices and there shipping is fast (at least to me)
For more details on speakers check out www.crutchfield.com

·
Smurf
263 Posts
here is my thoughts on the subject
first pick a brand you are comfortable with and that you can build a complete setup from if you think about it this is best because all the peices you buy from amps to subs to a head unit are designed by each company to be most compatible with there own equipment thus for making them more money
then decide how much you are willing to spend and the quality you want. every manufacturer has more than one quality of equipment to suit many customers needs
then decide if you are qualified enough to install it on your own. this is the hard part because you have to decide of you are man enough to admit if you have more than you can do
next if you choose to allow to let some one else do it then look at some of there projects they have truned out with similar equipment and parts to what you wanna put in decide the one you like the best and then you are in buisness you pay and you recieve
if you choose to do it yourslf then do a complete layout ouside the vehicle and figure out which way you will run your wires and wher you will put your speekers and all other componets then apply what you have dont just jump in then start lookin arround trying to figure out how you are gonna do it because you will i guarntee it have to rerun at least 2 wires which is no fun
then set your equipment prefrences and enjoy your new sterio

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
245 Posts
For components MB Quart Q-Line....hella expensive....but worth every penny. That is if it's installed right, powered with a good amp, nice head unit, yada yada yada :)

Focal K2 components are also amazing sounding as well.

For subs, JL Audio W6 series are out of this world. Or their cadillac W7 series, but be prepared to feed them with a TON of power.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The only thing I will put in my truck is Alpine head units and JL Audio amps and speakers. The best line for highs are the ZRs and subs the W7s.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Best thing is figure out how much you wanna spend. After you know that, that will tell you which brands are in your "budget". When it comes to audio, you get what you paid for. So if you're looking for something on the low end, that's fine and you can still have a nice system, but don't abuse it. Pioneer is a well trusted name brand and at the same time you can find some pretty good deals. It also depends on where you shop. If you plan on shopping at Crutchfield or some top end electronic store like HiFi Buys/Tweeter Company, you're gonna pay more money. Also, remember that there are alot of small details to consider. All your wires (Ground, remote, RCA's, etc.), Butt Conectors, fuses, distributors, possibly a power source like a cap or a spare battery, all the required tools, ETC., that all cost money and you have to include that. But think it over and figure out how much you wanna spend. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
251 Posts
pick a set of speakers that sound good to you. It took several sets for me to find what works for me. I think components are the way to go up front. Now you need to decide if you are happy with a 2 way or are 3 way worth the extra $ and install time. My setup sounds great but was not cheap. I use Focal Utopia 3 way components up front, Morel 7" midbass in the rear, and Diamond subwoofers. Powered by Phoenix Gold M series SQ amps that are no longer available. PG used to make really nice stuff but now (anything built after 1999) is crap. On my daily driver I use Dynaudio 2 way components in the front doors and midbass in the rear doors with a 12" digital designs subwoofer in the rear deck (enclosure in the trunk) and powered by Zapco amps. This was cheaper than the setup in my Dak but sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
546 Posts
If you want high quality products, First of all you cant pick ONE brand that has all good stuff. For example Kenwood and Alpine make awesome headunits but some of there stuff really lacks. Dynaudio has by far the best, most accurate componet speakers. JLs subwoofers are great sounding and are really solid and will last. Arc Audios signiture serious amplifiers are Phenominal! they are hand built in the US with some of the best components availible. Most brands that used to be great arent so much anymore such as Rockford, MTX, Sony, Kicker. All of which have bought into the high profit margins of making stuff cheap and in China now, which is very unfortunate. I also dont suggest buying online very often very few companies will warranty product if purchased online. I have been in the car audio industry for about 4 years now and thats just what I have experienced.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks but unfortuntaly i settled with jl audio and they were lound as shit then they broke and now idk wat to do

·
Registered
140 Posts
ok if u want infinity speakers i can get u a discount like 50% off....
I have the 6.5 components fornt and back, the Kappa Perfect series. They are clear and loud as hell. i have my radio turned up to vol level 8 of 50 and those speakers are loud and amazing.

they retail and sell online for $399.99 and i bought them for $180 direct from infinity. I have a hook up on infinity speakers subs and amps.

let me know

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
You can get those from www.onlinecarsterio.com for 100$$,thats where i got mine and all of my audio pieces.All products they sell come eather with a manufacturers or there warenty.Great site good service i wouldnt shop anywhere else.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nope i was a dumb ass and bought them from a buddy they were loud but one of them is broken and i then rigedd it so they would both still beat now neither work they are fixable im willing to sell the remaing one and my amp if anyone is interested if not they will be removed soon and put in my garage until i decide wat to do or sell them locally

1 - 17 of 17 Posts