Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finaly got the truck up on the frame jig today and started the disasembly AGAIN....I'm going to try and take enough pix and write a tech article on it....Pix will be up soon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Please. . . Please. . . Please take pics. I will reward you by giving you some stickers and shirts(when there available). It would help so many Dakota owners out there. Even if you don't get many pics, a well written article doesn't need pics.

Thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will do....the door handles are about 5'8"s off the ground. Its a 4.7litre V8 auto tranny Ext Cab.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
224 Posts
I hate you. Just fuckin witch ya. Eventually my truck will be on the road again, just can't seem to get my friends to help out - bastards!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you all think? Should i do the usual for the stock floor and build the new frame rails inside the existing ones or cut off the existing ones and build new frame rails all together say from the front suspension back? If i built new ones i'd have to powder coat them or something.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Alot easier if you just put them inside the existing ones and you would completely have wasted the time on the back half and wat not. A new frame back would be dope tho. Wana do it on mine when i get another ride to roll.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the rear frame clip now is narrowed i was gonna tie in the new rails with the frame clip too.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Z'd the front clip today.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
broke my camera a few weeks ago.....its gettin fixed

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
new pix up just got the cab down today....the pinchies are 1" below the frame. and the front clip is z'd 2 inches. 2x3x1/4 frame rails.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah their in my gallery user gallery page 2 kaoticdakota then the 2 galleries there.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
still lots more to do

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ran into a problem....I've got to get another 1 1/2" drop out of the front. And My wheels Won't camber soon enough and the outside of the wheel hits the Fender. 245/40/20 20x8.5 with 45mm offset...running AIM air arms. For some reason they positive camber when lifted. i'm getting angry with them very angry...i'll be tuckin 8"s of my 20"s but i cant get it down when the tires hit the fenders......any help? would shortening the upper control arms do any good or putting a spacer under the ball joint lifting it up and out? i'm gonna cut down my upper bag mount about an 1" so that 1 down 1/2-3/4" to go. HELP!!!!!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
those are some pretty big tires. only thing I can think of is to adjust your upper a-arm where it bolts to the frame. other than that only thing I can think of is to shorten it like you said but I dont see why you would have to when your wheel only has 2" of front spacing. Good luck and keep us updated. !headbang

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hmmmm i may just build a new arm......i'll take it apart tomorrow.....thanks mang......more pix up soon....cut out the rest of the bed floor tonight yay....i cant decide if i want to leave the bed open or close it up.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts