Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got a couple g why?
and i dont think mine is the same as yours im pretty sure my middle seat stays
but what is best
if i had 2 4ohms DVC subs i could run it at 1 ohm
and those subs are only 350 rms

OR
2 4ohm SVC that have 400RMS
which ones would i get more power out of ??

·
Registered
213 Posts
he meant what generation do you have gen 1=87-91 gen 2=92-96 gen 3=97-04? and gen 4=05-07

·
Registered
239 Posts
Oh I see lol...sorry for the confusion...but I'll take a couple g's off your hands..

You need to pick your amps and subs together - much easier, as you don't get power out of subs. You can however alter the amount of power that is coming from your amplifier from the wiring options of your woofers. DVC = more wiring options. If you have two dual 4 ohm woofers, you can wire them into a 1, 4, or 16 ohm load. Be careful though, as most amplifiers aren't one ohm stable. Your SVC subs can be wired into a 2 or 8 ohm load.

Bk

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok this is my problemthey make DVC that are 350 rms but so if i have 2 of those i can wire it down to 1 ohm
but there are other ones that are SVC but 400 rms so if i have 2 of those i can wire it down to 2 ohms?

so which one overall will be louder and be better for my spl

·
Registered
230 Posts
The lower the ohms the louder, unless your just going insanely crazy and run like a million subs.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well its a reg cab
so i can either run
2 12's
or 3 10's but i donno where my amps are gonna go lol

·
Registered
213 Posts
under the seat...

·
Registered
230 Posts
yeah, under the seat as daksport95 said, im running 2 crossfire 1000w class D's and they fit under my seat just fine. had to run fans to them though, got a little warm under there.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mhm thats weird because under my seat there is like no room at all
is there any way you can raise it or something?

·
Registered
239 Posts
no, go get a new rockford amp, their footprints are sooo small. But rms is not going to tell you how good your spl will be, that is only a small factor involved. Go with something that is name brand, but wither way it's not going to matter that much.

Bk

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well im looking at getting to kicker shallow mounts
that are 400 rms each so 2 of them is 800
so i need a pretty juicy amp

·
Registered
230 Posts
I dont under stand why your hooked on the RMS of the subs, That a small part of things. Its all in the wiring, box air space, placement of subs, vented or not, I can take a 400w max amp and run 800w RMS harder than i could with a 800w amp. It sounds crazy i know but its possable. Like BK said you should go with same brand items. Like kicker subs, kicker amp. Or like i did, crossfire subs crossfire amp. THere made to work in junction with each other thus offering the best performace for your buck. Another thing your asking for our help and we are offering it to you yet every thing we offer to you, you critizise it or throw it back in our faces. We will help you all we can, but im my eyes you seem set on what you want and dont really need the help just looking for some one to do the work for you. Do your research then ask questions, messure under your seat then see what amps will fit, then see what subs will work best with that amp. SO on and so forth. Sorry for the big ass rant and going off.

·
Registered
239 Posts
lol Joplin...

Bk

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry sorry guys
ok so there isnt any room under my seat where i can put a amp
i am going to go with brand name subs
if i go with 3 subs they are going to be the kicker cvr or whatever(the new shallow mount subs) they are 400 rms and are 4ohm SVC
so 3 of them will be 1200 rms at 1 ohm
so i am thinking of getting an orion H2400D amp
i heard they are pretty good at 1 ohm and are a tough amp any suggestions

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thats got to be a sign huh BK, i need a vacation.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts