Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my subs are now broken thats wat u get for buying them used, the tinselin wire broke and im gonna soder it back together but the local audio guy said that that will keep breaking so im gonna sell the whole set and buy some new subs. Any sugestions on wat to get this time, i want somethign that is really loud, cause since i had 2 15s in my tiny cab any one elses subs i hear (unless they are show cars) dont sound loud at all. so any one have any ideas on wat i should get this time

·
Registered
230 Posts
its all on what your looking for, loud can come in the form of bass, mids, or highs, im sure your looking to get more bass out of it, but in my eyes thats not just all to go for, my 6 10s are louder than any 4 15s iv come across, Crossfire is a great brand if your looking to go back with 15''. also the box is key to the type of ''loud'' your looking for, my system is set up for compitition, last time i hit a 153.6 and lost a back window, i remember trying to help you once before but i didnt understand what your looking for, how much are you wanting to spend, any brand you like?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first off howd u get 6 10 inch subs in there thats redic, im looking to spend like 500-800 i might keep the amp it is a boss audio 1400 watt 2 channel but im assuming who ever i sell my subs to will want the amp. i like alpine, jl, and pioneer subs the best, any other subs that hit harder than those that are low key let me kno, im also planning to get 12s or 15s

·
Registered
230 Posts
use your amp and go with 2 12'' alpine type R's you should hit hard and be able to use your amp. for my 6 10''s its only ridiculous if thats not what your wanting. i use mine for competition and to blow away all these punk kids around here that think they have the sh!t..I have over 4 grand in my system to, with a cut through box into the bed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have a 10 inch jl w7 with a jl 500/1 in my crew cab gmc an i love it sounds perfect an it louder than my boys 2 12 inch rf p2s and in my dak i have 2 ol skool 12s hx2 and 2 15 hx2 and 3 amps in a fiberglass box sounds loud as fawk but i thing im going to upgrade when i finish the box but i think i would go with jl because its just clean crisp bass the solobaric are nice 2 i would go with either one

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i want ridiculous sound as well i had a better set up than any other kids around but it wasnt competition i want something nice and inbetween something that will be wat people talk about but not a set up that can go competition and compete with people that have walls of subs. I am not impressed by the type r rs they dont hit that hard i had 2 15 jl w3s in there until one broke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts