Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Captain Cobalt
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a quote from silver star customs on doing suicide doors on my truck. They said around 3000 from stock to primer w/ remote poppers. From what I have seen they do good work and I know they have done some dakotas. Doesnt 3000 seem a little high tho????

·
Registered
464 Posts
i think that suicide doors are getting played out....just my $.02

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
i think that suicide doors are getting played out....just my $.02
unless its the rear doors of a 4dr dak.....i think that would be sweet, its something dodge should have done from the factory. it would be a nice mod most people wouldnt even think twice about....the only people that would notice are the ones that know daks well

·
Registered
239 Posts
Way too damned high....fo that....and suicide doors on minis are really big because they really do look good. on any doors. But Phantom style on a quad is tight too. Shop around a lil more. THe best kit only costs 400, and door poppers around 190 for a good 2way alarm system plus install labor unless you do it yourself.

Bk

·
Registered
152 Posts
silverstar custom builds everything to the vehicle they are working on. That's auctally not that bad if that is body work and everything. Figure install on poppers is roughly 100-150; install on the suicide hinges/latches about800-1200; bodywork about 800-1000 and then all the parts. Not that bad when you break it down.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You're paying for it doesn't need to be vehicle specific...they make a proven universal kit to do it. And it will probably last longer than whatever they do, many people have used those hinges. There are instructions on the website that show you exactly step- by step how to do everything too. Buy the hinge kit and shop around...My opinion.

I don't know if you've been to any truck shows, but around here, if it has suicide doors, it says suicidedoors.com. Period. They have been used over and over for all types of applications.

Bk

·
Registered
213 Posts
hey nycdak how far are you from ssc??? im going down there this friday or saturday to check out what they got

·
Registered
55 Posts
do some gull wings ive never seen it on a dakota yet or just leave them stock the best way to open a door on a truck that ive seen lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
I personally like my "played out" suicide doors. And if you do decide to do them yourself, remember that a dakota door weighs alot more than an s-10 door. It will require a little more work.

·
Captain Cobalt
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Daksport, I live in Springfield, Mo. I think its around a 12 hour drive. I havent been on in a while, we just had one of the worst ice storms in history. 65,000 out of power at the begining of the week. Thill thousands with no power a week later. Plus it freezing and were supposed to get 4 to 8 inches of snow. Anyway Im tossing the idea of lambos around now, suicide is awesome but expensive and with the lambos I thinkin less door dings.

·
Registered
213 Posts
dude silverstar customs is not worth a 12 hour drive and 3000, they do good work but its not that good... if i were you i would either A. find a good shop closer or B. do it yourself... i would do it myself bcuz i want to take all the pride for my work...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts