Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the other day i was looking under my truck, and i saw that the end-links of my sway bar were just sitting on my lower control arms. Some how both nuts that hold them on were gone, so the sway bar wasn't connected to anything, so i just took it off completely. My question is how many of you have a front sway bar with bags???? Should i put the sway back on or should i leave it off. Also what about upgrading to a better aftermarket one, would that help out any in handling with bags? My last question is should a bagged dak have a sway bar or not, i didn't notice any handling difference:confused:

·
Whisper'sR/T
1,284 Posts
DJ, I can't speak for the handling with bags, but when I upgraded to a larger sway bar on my old dak it made a HUGE diff! I would think you def want to leave it on with bags.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rooknute said:
DJ, I can't speak for the handling with bags, but when I upgraded to a larger sway bar on my old dak it made a HUGE diff! I would think you def want to leave it on with bags.
yeah thats kinda what i was leaning toward, but i didnt want to upgrade to a better sway, when i dont need (or shouldnt) run a sway with bags. I just wanted some more input on the topic first. What kind of sway did ya get man?

·
Whisper'sR/T
1,284 Posts
djwolf37 said:
yeah thats kinda what i was leaning toward, but i didnt want to upgrade to a better sway, when i dont need (or shouldnt) run a sway with bags. I just wanted some more input on the topic first. What kind of sway did ya get man?
I ended up getting the WAYYY OVERPRICED Hochkis(sp) ones. my old dak was a 4x4 so the price wasnt as bad as they are for us 2wd guys! I priced them out for my new dak(2wd) and about shit myself!

·
Registered
51 Posts
i've been wondering the same thing...all my buddies say i should leave it on since i got the 5.9....but i kinda dont see that making a difference....only thing i've noticed is from full lock up,and dump one side it ends up bringing the other side down with it, so my side 2 side sucks...

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I don't have mine on, but I wish I did. I hate the body roll. With bags you will probably have to shorten the end links. And yes, your side to side action will not be as good as if you didn't have the sway bar on.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
admin said:
I don't have mine on, but I wish I did. I hate the body roll. With bags you will probably have to shorten the end links. And yes, your side to side action will not be as good as if you didn't have the sway bar on.
HMMM.....so do you guys think its worth upgrading to a better sway bar (performance), leave it off completely, of put the stock one on????? What is your guys opinion:confused:

·
Registered
442 Posts
keep it on...you will notice the difference when your taking turns....

·
Registered
69 Posts
admin said:
I thnk it just gets in the way, but for F&B applications, that's the perfect thing to do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It all depends on what you want to get out of you're truck.. If you are going for a high performance, good, tight handling, sway bar is the way to go hands down.. If you are going for a cruiser, crazy sides, a little body roll might not bother you. If you have a fully four corner independent air suspension you can use the air to compensate for longer curves like on and off the interstate to minimize body roll.. Personally I dont run one, but I have a very mild v8 so I dont really go for the performance part of it..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts